UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

For those that remember a few years back when UA played Duquesne in the ECAC game, Leigh Bodden was the star DB for Duquesne. I think he was a free agent pick up by Cleveland and is apparently a starter now

Anyway, I saw a note on the ESPN scroll bar that he was arrested today. I'll always remember him because after Gary Jones ran all over Duquesne, he kept talking about how much better they were...

For those that remember a few years back when UA played Duquesne in the ECAC game, Leigh Bodden was the star DB for Duquesne. I think he was a free agent pick up by Cleveland and is apparently a starter now

Anyway, I saw a note on the ESPN scroll bar that he was arrested today. I'll always remember him because after Gary Jones ran all over Duquesne, he kept talking about how much better they were...

He was good but he did not have a good game against us. Duquense people will be talking about that game forever. They got whooped and they claim it was the weather. The forget that we both played on the same muddy and frozen field. Should be a good league game next year against them.

We did whoop them, but they were a passing team and we were a running team. The weather couldn't have been better for us. We fans froze our butts off, but it was worth it!!

The thing I remember from that game was something like an 11 minute drive against the wind to ice that game.

We did whoop them, but they were a passing team and we were a running team. The weather couldn't have been better for us. We fans froze our butts off, but it was worth it!!

The thing I remember from that game was something like an 11 minute drive against the wind to ice that game.

We had the ball for the almost the ENTIRE 3rd QUARTER! I just looked it up in the Archives.....

We got the ball after the half and ran 19 plays only getting 67 yards but going into the wind and running the clock down 11 minutes and 28 seconds. Took away any chance Duq had to pass with the wind at their back in the second half. It was pretty much impossible to throw into that wind.

Check out Gary's line:

Rushing No Yds TD Lg Avg

Jones, Gary 36 194 2 27 5.4

"Ice the game" - that game was on ice since 8 am.

Yeah, what kind of coach from Pittsburgh designs a team that can't move in bad weather? Did Pittsburgh get moved to Pepperdine or someplace?

That was a great weekend. I forget which day UA played Siena but it was either the Friday before Duquesne or the night of the game.

It made it easier to justify a trip to Albany to watch football and basketball on the same weekend - that was the last time they played on the same weekend.

Archived