UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Great back and fourth battle...

great offense by the Danes...around 500 total yards offense and 300+ running yard. Have not seen a game like that since Gary Jones and Bazan.

Ball possession was amazing...33 minutes to under 20 for Fordham!!! wow

big victory with Hofstra and then Montana.

excellent game all-around.

My two cents:

We are actually better than the score represented. Without the TD before the half, which was set up by the worst officiating I have ever seen, Fordham goes into the lockerroom dejected and we win by a lot more.

We looked good though. The running game was solid last night. The passing game is not a deep threat but Espisito picked apart the middle of the zone nicely.

Fordham is good. Plain and simple. Their QB is solid and has a great arm. They have good receivers. Their play-calling did not take advantage of that.

Good game to watch. Official attendance was only 3717 but I thought there was more people there than that. They had a good loud student section.

Officiating shouldn't have mattered - we should have let the clock tick off 12 more seconds before kicking the FG, and FU wouldn't have had time to score before the half.

Still more special teams issues - high snap on the missed FG. Are punters getting better at killing kicks inside the 10? Second game in a row we've spent time backed up in our end zone.

Missed tackles - either Fordham backs have greasy pants, or we're not using good tackling technique, there were two chances to stop the 53-yd. touchdown play, and a lot of other runs got more yardage than they should have.

Hofstra will be a lot tougher - scored 32 vs. Furman yesterday.

While it was good to see the line moving people out, we still looked predictable at times, without much vertical passing - those sideline passes are dangerous and often don't get many yards even when completed.

Agree on the student turnout - must have been a t-shirt giveaway - even though we were sitting behind the only three students who stood the entire first half. We had about 80+ for the varsity club tailgate plus numerous other family and friends of the players.

I agree that officiating shouldn't matter, but sometimes bad calls do affect the game. Last night was a prime example of that.

I forgot to mention that tackling was horrible last night. The greatest thing all night was watching Fralicker run down on kickoffs. He's the first one there almost every time because most teams don't account for the kicker in return blocking. He missed most tackles but definitly disrupted the return. Fun to watch though.

That's why we've got to play the clock smart, to not give the officials a chance to make a difference.

I know that's what they wanted when they moved the kickoff back to the 30 yd. line, but another special-team problem is we're giving up way too much field position on kick returns.

That's why we've got to play the clock smart, to not give the officials a chance to make a difference.

I know that's what they wanted when they moved the kickoff back to the 30 yd. line, but another special-team problem is we're giving up way too much field position on kick returns.

Agreed. Just imagine how bad it would be if we didn't have a good kicker.

Archived