UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

It would be great if we ended up getting an autobid before the Big South did......but its likely that won't happen. This is just a proposal and I hate to be a pessimist but I don't see it going through very smoothly and if it does it won't happen for a few years. Just my two cents not founded on anything but my gut.

It would be great if we ended up getting an autobid before the Big South did......but its likely that won't happen. This is just a proposal

That's what the old guard posters on AGS seem to think. But I'm not so sure this is a legislative proposal. The Competition Cabinet DIRECTED the FB Championship Committee "to develop a plan for providing access to all eligible conferences by the 2008 championship. "

Conferences were consulted for this report. This may be a 'policy' decision not requiring legislation.

At any rate I don't think the Big South will be eligible for two years after Stony Brook joins.

"31.3.4.4.1 Multi-Sport Conference. To be considered eligible for automatic qualification in a particular sport, a multisport member conference must include six core institutions that satisfy continuity-ofmembership. For the purposes of this legislation, core refers to an institution that has been an active member of Division I the eight preceding years. Further, the continuity-of-membership requirement shall be met only if a minimum of six core institutions have conducted conference competition together in Division I the preceding two years in the applicable sport. There shall be no exceptions to the two-year waiting period"

It would be great if we ended up getting an autobid before the Big South did......but its likely that won't happen. This is just a proposal

That's what the old guard posters on AGS seem to think. But I'm not so sure this is a legislative proposal. The Competition Cabinet DIRECTED the FB Championship Committee "to develop a plan for providing access to all eligible conferences by the 2008 championship. "

Conferences were consulted for this report. This may be a 'policy' decision not requiring legislation.

At any rate I don't think the Big South will be eligible for two years after Stony Brook joins.

"31.3.4.4.1 Multi-Sport Conference. To be considered eligible for automatic qualification in a particular sport, a multisport member conference must include six core institutions that satisfy continuity-ofmembership. For the purposes of this legislation, core refers to an institution that has been an active member of Division I the eight preceding years. Further, the continuity-of-membership requirement shall be met only if a minimum of six core institutions have conducted conference competition together in Division I the preceding two years in the applicable sport. There shall be no exceptions to the two-year waiting period"

It could be interpretted that the Cabinet directed them to develop a plan that wouldn't be "rubber stamped" but instead would just be another proposal.

I see both sides and I hope you are right.

I hate to agree with some of the moron's over at AGS, but if the field is expanded I agree that there should be a stipulation that the scholarship minimum's should be raised. Meaning if the NEC is to recieve an AQ the scholarship minmiums should be raised from 30 to 45 like the rumor suggests. That would put NEC teams on par with PL, Big South ETC.

I hate to agree with some of the moron's over at AGS, but if the field is expanded I agree that there should be a stipulation that the scholarship minimum's should be raised. Meaning if the NEC is to recieve an AQ the scholarship minmiums should be raised from 30 to 45 like the rumor suggests. That would put NEC teams on par with PL, Big South ETC.

I'd be fine with that. All I want is some concrete criteria for receiving an auto-bid. If the requirement is 45 rides then the NEC will need to, for lack of a better expression, either "$iena or get off the pot." If the rest of the NEC steps up then we stay for a while. If not, on to another conference.

Archived