UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Business Review Article

Clickclack

"I think the No. 1 resistance is the feeling that you're giving to the state of New York, as opposed to a specific university," said Bulger, chief operating officer for CL King and Associates in Albany.

"Right now, everyone wants to see the state of New York either step up or not step up. If they say they're going to basically build it ... people will be more apt to follow," he added. "It's very difficult for the private sector to lead on this."

Great point. The other thing I hear from McElroy that is good news to me is:

Athletics officials project that the budget will near $12 million for the 2009-10 school year, about $5 million more than where it stood when McElroy took over. He has said the new stadium could more than double the size of the current budget.

This means to me that if we don't get state funds for the stadium, we're building it anyway and the athletic budget will need to double to pay for it. Sounds good to me. :D

Article here!

Great press for UAlbany and the stadium! Love it.

Its too bad the Times Union cannot print such objective material.

The TU only does negative stories, you know that. I'm still waiting on a response to the last letter to the editor, which was in favor of the stadium. The last letter was positive... can't leave the topic on an upbeat note. We need some guy to write in that Albany was better than Harvard in the 50's and how it's all gone to hell since.

I cancelled my subscription to the TU. My reason was that UA articles seemed always to be accentuating the negative and the coverage of UA athletics was inadequate. They replied that my reasons would be forwarded to the editors.

Archived