UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Mark Singelais's Blog Entry for 2007-10-31

phillyball - you may very well be correct and if you are it's even better for UA because it means that we're a very deep team.

If Josh starts I just wonder who will sit.

If Josh and Timmy both start I would really be confused.

5 short years ago we didn't ever argue over the starting lineup preseason because we usually only had 2 or 3 legitimate players now it seems we could make a case for almost the whole team starting.

The program is now a solid DI program who would have ever thought that 4 seasons ago when we won 5 games.

Just Have 2 give u 1 stat from game the other day. dished out 14 dimes in two 20 min 1/2

Whomever you are, since it is a NCAA violation to release stats from scrimmages...you probably shouldnt have stated that.

Nice job. Way to help out your team (it is YOUR team because you are either Scrap, related to scrap, or a friend of scrap).

You're telling us what we already know

but I know all philly ballers And u guys have 1 of our best in the o7 class. -phillyballer

Remember the old saying - "the cream will rises to the top" If Josh is what most of us thinks he is he will start at UA at sometime.

You, I or any other poster here doesn't make the decision who starts.

Coach Brown likes to win and I think he'll put the 5 out there that he thinks gives UA the best shot to do that. If that includes Josh great, if not so be it.

I think Josh may start, sometime, but he's a freshman and learning a new system, going to college and it may take a little time. Everyone we recruit shoulb be a plater who contributes. Right now, the current projected starting line up sounds pretty formidable, There should be significant minutes for other players as well. I'm very excited to get the season underway. Go Danes!

NO NOT JOSH'S MOM :rolleyes: take it easy just having fun.

No one's ripping you...but if you read the writeups, it is a violation of to release scrimmage stats. I hate the NCAA for a lot of things...but you have to respect their rules.

BTW...I think Josh (haven't seen him play but from Philly people I know and some CAA guys) will be a good one. He is a frosh...but the kid has some talent from what I hear. OF course, that is all hearsay!

NO NOT JOSH'S MOM :rolleyes: take it easy just having fun.

No one's ripping you...but if you read the writeups, it is a violation of to release scrimmage stats. I hate the NCAA for a lot of things...but you have to respect their rules.

BTW...I think Josh (haven't seen him play but from Philly people I know and some CAA guys) will be a good one. He is a frosh...but the kid has some talent from what I hear. OF course, that is all hearsay!

I agree, I can't wait to watch him play! It wouldn't surprise me at all if he starts at some point this season and probably sooner rather than later. In the America East, which is so guard-oriented, I just don't think a big lineup is going to run up and down the court all day and keep up with smaller lineups. Echoing the comments of a previous poster, he didn't get the nickname "Scrap" for nothing. The fans will love that kind of hustle play and defense [a/k/a, Lillis :) ]

Having played high school and college basketball myself (at a state school out west, though not Division I) before I attended University of Buffalo, playing point guard, in my view, is exhausting (perhaps more so than the other positions). I am 6'2", and I was probably the quickest guy on the team back then, but it was just so tiring to play the point position (the coach often wanted me at the 2 or even the 3 somtimes (which I hated)). I think one's defense and rebounding (well, obviously rebounding because of positioning) can suffer somewhat from having to be the "1" and bring the ball up the court and run the offense. Lillis can surely do this, but I don't see him as our full-time PG for the whole season; he's so valuable to us in other ways and in a variety of roles. Maybe he'll be our PG to start, but I'd be very suprised to not see Josh M. getting some serious minutes and eventually the start. But what do I know ...

Some of the other guys here know much more about me the transition from high school to America East play, so I can't really say how fast freshman can enter the mix. I will say, however, that this is one of our deepest and most athletic recruiting classes ever, so if there was ever a time where first-year players could step in and contribute right away (at least by the time Conference play rolls around), and even start, this is the year.

And any way you look at it, it's an exciting time for us fans, and I'm really looking forward to the games to start!

-Just my $.02!

PS - 29 days to LCC.

Archived