UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Article in Today's Times-Union

Here is the link to today's article:

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp...sdate=11/1/2007

It will be exciting to see a different team this season. Sometimes in the past, it was frustrating not to see us get an inside presence. This year we have a great opportunity to perform differently. I hope we really concentrate on getting passes effectively into the center. I like Gifford's soft shot, and he has the potential to do some real damage under the hoop if he can get the ball.

It will be very interesting to see if Connelly can step it up this year. Coach is putting a lot of faith in him.

Will Al Turley also live up to the hype Brown is creating around him?

So many questions about this new team, and some of them about to be answered publicly in a little more than one week.

If we follow what Brown has said - he mentioned Turley was dominant in the first scrimmage in the time he was given, which to me sounds like limited minutes. Potential, potential, potential. I am going to wait and watch to see how he comes along. It appears we do have 3 bangers inside.

I've heard good things about Gifford being more comfortable and effective on the court.

I'm hoping for a double double out of our committee of 5 men.

Brent will do what he does best.

Connelly has shown in glimpses in the past that he can score with either hand around the hoop, he has shown the potential for a solid mid range game and I heard he is even shooting the 3 ball occasionally. He has improved tremendously each of his 2 seasons and from what Brown has said about him I guess we can expect for him to be much improved again.

I would imagine we'll get to see Lillis and Hastings posting up some smaller guards or shooting over them from 10-15' alot of people don't understand how big Lillis is at 6'5" and 220+lbs, he a load for a PG to defend. In one of the interviews or article it was mentioned Lillis is asserting himself more offensively which was good to hear. Remember Hastings led Lon Morris in FTA last season and rebounding.

Don't forget we have Iati, Anderson, Martin, Ambose and Moores too.

It should be very interesting to see who is starting by the time AE play begins.

Archived