UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Thoughts on Robert Morris/Monmouth

Bottom line a good/impresive win. How good was RM? Probably not as good as Wagner but I will take a sloppy win over a good game and a loss. I know I sound like a perfectionist(which is annoying...sorry) and I can't understand how that happened because I am the farthest thing from perfect but giving up 7 sacks to an inferior opponent is a big problem. I know their D and their secondary in particular is very good but 7 sacks c'mon. Hey Vinny tuck the ball and run if the open reciever is not there. The hogs sure were opening up gaping holes which is what I love to see. Great job in that department! Some of the sacks were because he held the ball too long and some is because they created mis matches with stunts! Gotta be better O line coach!

Looks like Colin Disch is getting back to normal which is fantastic news. I am again impressed by this Anderson kid and Dungey is always a force. I watched Anderson and he is simply a beast! Very STRONG and sheds blockers well! I say start em at end if Sheehan is not 100% he would kill people coming off the end!!!!! We will need more of a pass rush this weekend then we had against RM. It seems when we blitz we get to the qb. Coach Simpson ...Blitz em every down! I love being a Monday morning QB because I have all the answers and I am never wrong, just ask me... LOL!

Monmouth. This is going to be intresting because they have new life but if you look and see who they beat it basically is SHU and SFU as well as an overated CCSU team IMHO! They have put 40-50 points on the board against all of them, so they are beginning to gel offensivly. Which means this game will not be a layup because they now think they are good and that will make them better then they were. We need to jump on them earlly and beat them into submission as well. The difference is they have better athletes then RM and are more balanced on O. They have a qb that manages the game well, a GREAT rb and an outstanding reciever. If that qb is given that much time he will beat us short all day long beware the screen passes! I watched them against CCSU and was not impressed by their D. I believe we will be able to run on them as well as anyone else we have faced. I will put it the same way I have in the past, there are no more Montana's on the schedule!!!!

2-0 or bust. I really want UA to make the GIC and see what we can do with either Dayton or Morehead State!!!!!

Bottom line a good/impresive win. How good was RM? Probably not as good as Wagner but I will take a sloppy win over a good game and a loss. I know I sound like a perfectionist(which is annoying...sorry) and I can't understand how that happened because I am the farthest thing from perfect but giving up 7 sacks to an inferior opponent is a big problem. I know their D and their secondary in particular is very good but 7 sacks c'mon. Hey Vinny tuck the ball and run if the open reciever is not there. The hogs sure were opening up gaping holes which is what I love to see. Great job in that department! Some of the sacks were because he held the ball too long and some is because they created mis matches with stunts! Gotta be better O line coach!

Looks like Colin Disch is getting back to normal which is fantastic news. I am again impressed by this Anderson kid and Dungey is always a force. I watched Anderson and he is simply a beast! Very STRONG and sheds blockers well! I say start em at end if Sheehan is not 100% he would kill people coming off the end!!!!! We will need more of a pass rush this weekend then we had against RM. It seems when we blitz we get to the qb. Coach Simpson ...Blitz em every down! I love being a Monday morning QB because I have all the answers and I am never wrong, just ask me... LOL!

Monmouth. This is going to be intresting because they have new life but if you look and see who they beat it basically is SHU and SFU as well as an overated CCSU team IMHO! They have put 40-50 points on the board against all of them, so they are beginning to gel offensivly. Which means this game will not be a layup because they now think they are good and that will make them better then they were. We need to jump on them earlly and beat them into submission as well. The difference is they have better athletes then RM and are more balanced on O. They have a qb that manages the game well, a GREAT rb and an outstanding reciever. If that qb is given that much time he will beat us short all day long beware the screen passes! I watched them against CCSU and was not impressed by their D. I believe we will be able to run on them as well as anyone else we have faced. I will put it the same way I have in the past, there are no more Montana's on the schedule!!!!

2-0 or bust. I really want UA to make the GIC and see what we can do with either Dayton or Morehead State!!!!!

I think Vinny had happy feet in the first half. The left tackle got beat way too many times in the first half with Smoot barreling in from the edge. The 7 sacks were in the first half, and we did a much better job in the second, however that was because we didn't throw as much. Vinny missed two wide open guys...which was comical because the announcers said it was good coverage, however there was so much seperation from the receiver it wasn't even close. The Safety wasn't near the receiver on both plays.

Anderson-- Keeps this up...and he could be the best DL we have had.

Monmouth- Looking strong. I like what McCarty said- No looking ahead. Speaking of MCCARTY :blink: the kid sure ain't pretty....but he is tough and deceptively quick. I like him alot. Great to see the tough running of Johnson...and nice to see him score in his final home game. The knee seems better. Gannon- Wow...that kid is faaaaast!

I have UALBANY at 27 in my poll this week. They win out--- They go in the 20-22 range!

Unfortunately, while we've been climbing in almost all of the computer-based rankings, we don't seem to be getting any recognition in the human polls. In fact, last week the coaches poll had Iona with more votes than us.

I honestly think we are 4 TD's better than Iona and I just don't see how anyone could argue against that.

We shall see in about 2 hours if our win over RMU has opened any eyes at all. Although I doubt it.

If we win out and win the GIC I think we could end up at 22 or 23. Short of that I don't see ending the season in the top 25.

Unfortunately, while we've been climbing in almost all of the computer-based rankings, we don't seem to be getting any recognition in the human polls. In fact, last week the coaches poll had Iona with more votes than us.

I honestly think we are 4 TD's better than Iona and I just don't see how anyone could argue against that.

We shall see in about 2 hours if our win over RMU has opened any eyes at all. Although I doubt it.

If we win out and win the GIC I think we could end up at 22 or 23. Short of that I don't see ending the season in the top 25.

I am not allowed to say more...but we did receive votes in the AGS Poll. Not enough to bring us in so far...but we are there!

Hahahaha.......has there been a "syntax error" over at AGS or something?

BTW, the field looked great during the game...but the freakin' stadium was horrible.

Anyone catch McElroy? He, again, stated the stadium will be 15k seats (THANK YOU!!!!) and expects an 18 month build out with a LATE 2008 groundbreaking. He stated the cost will be 45 to 60m depending on what we put in it. He reiterated that there will BE NEW MEETING ROOMS, STATE OF THE ART SPORTS MEDICINE FACILITIES, LOCKERROOMS, etc.

Anyone watching that game tape it-- If so...send that to Spitzer!

Archived