UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Opening Night

UA'08

4538 Capacity

-1000 Students

=3538

-1900 Season Tickets

=1638

-1300 Left

= 338 Tickets Sold

338 Tickets Sold? Where's my problem with the math here?

Is it possible to have 1900 season tickets and only 338 other sales?

Dare I say it, but can Siena-Stanford be pulling some people away?

I'm doing my part, harassing co-workers on a daily basis.

I'm hoping we can get at least 50 from my organization, but I am hesitant to make the phone call to check on the status.

Maybe after I get fired up from the CCSU game I will give them a holler.

Then the students must fill the rest of the seats. They give the rest of the unsold tickets to students?

It will take consistently being at the top. If you look at the track record....once again this season we toped our previous season ticket sales. If we can continue being one of the top teams in the league you'll find that the season ticket number will continue to go up. IMO....it seems that most schools that continually sell out their respected gyms/arenas have a very large percentage of season ticket holders in the stands. The casual fan will be distracted by other things while the season ticket holder is much more likely to come to games. I was also impressed by the fact that we lost Jamar to graduation (the best player in the history of the program) and season ticket sales still set a record. We need to find a way to get students to the game...they are the most rowdy/loud fans and we need that to rock the place. I'm not sure where our enrollment stands at right now (13K?) but you have to get more then 600 there or what ever we've been getting.

Keep the eye on the prize, long term. It doesn't happen in a year but takes years of consistent success to build a strong following. We are on our way!

It will take consistently being at the top. If you look at the track record....once again this season we toped our previous season ticket sales. If we can continue being one of the top teams in the league you'll find that the season ticket number will continue to go up. IMO....it seems that most schools that continually sell out their respected gyms/arenas have a very large percentage of season ticket holders in the stands. The casual fan will be distracted by other things while the season ticket holder is much more likely to come to games. I was also impressed by the fact that we lost Jamar to graduation (the best player in the history of the program) and season ticket sales still set a record. We need to find a way to get students to the game...they are the most rowdy/loud fans and we need that to rock the place. I'm not sure where our enrollment stands at right now (13K?) but you have to get more then 600 there or what ever we've been getting.

Keep the eye on the prize, long term. It doesn't happen in a year but takes years of consistent success to build a strong following. We are on our way!

Yeah, your right. I just get frustrated that we can't get always fill up the place. When SEFCU is rocking and the students are involved, it's a great atmosphere. Considering that a few years back you couldn't get anybody to show, we have certainly come a long way. For those of you that are still students, is the university sending out mass emails or promoting the game(s) in any way?

There's a link for it (kind of) on the University's front page website.

It's also on the Student Events front page.. http://www.albany.edu/studentevents/?source=home

Can't remember any mass student emails being sent out recently about..though if they sent an email out about every University event, our inboxes would be QUITE full..lol.

Archived