UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Why does Siena give NJIT and Dartmouth home and homes

Dane96

Simple question...and the answer is dubious at best. Is it because D'Arg thinks if he does give Albany a home and home he loses public perception that Albany and Siena are on the same level-- Which we are?!?!

You know the more I think about this, the more I wonder. I wonder this:

Why does Dartmouth and NJIT get home-and-homes, but they won't give one to UA.

You have to belive it is Capital District public "perception". This must be high on D'Argenio's list - he hasn't budged or given in to UA because the perception will be Siena and UA will be on equal terms.

He most certainly won't give up the TUC as the venue for the game either - clearly, the perception among the casual fan in Albany is that Siena is the bigger program because of the Arena.

Clearly there is some reason why D'Arge is doing this.

The question looms: Why does Dartmouth and NJIT get home and homes. Certainly does not boost the RPI on either end (home or away) as much as a Albany-Siena home and home.

All that being said, TONY is correct. There will be some quid pro quo because the game is impt to the fans, the alumni, and the bars/restaurants around the arena. That is a big time money night for them.

I'm not sure how long ago the contract was signed for the series but we agreed to it as well. As Coach Brown said, (and thanks to him for giving voice to it) we should have a better deal next time. I don't think we'll know what Siena will or won't do until they negotiate again.

I'm not sure how long ago the contract was signed for the series but we agreed to it as well. As Coach Brown said, (and thanks to him for giving voice to it) we should have a better deal next time. I don't think we'll know what Siena will or won't do until they negotiate again.

In that vein of thinking, I cannot believe that UA has already sold its allotment of tickets. It's only Monday - 5 days before the event. And now at least one poster here has to support $iena in order to attend the game. This situation in itself cries radical renegotiation of the current contract.

Archived