UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

BU(MA)/Pitt game

I believe with have reason for optimism but to be honest we had a solid OOC schedule on paper and then it didn't transfer over, Sacred Heart has played poorly, Columbia has been weak, CCSU is extremely young and Lehigh was less than expected.

Meanwhile UMBC has plated A10 and CAA level teams and been successful, George Washington is a very solid team.

Potentailly we can be there but alot of improvement is necessary on our part. Right now I feel UMBC is the best, just my opinion.

If this team like Coach Brown's others continues to improve they could be very good. We have to get better offensively.

Those two BU players are quality ones, I agree.

Side note: Vermont lost to Dartmouth by a buzzer beater. They are 2-4 now.

With their big man graduated and gone, and with that quality player that up and left the program, I wonder how much of a force they are now?

Everytime I turn on ESPN this month, Duke is playing. Hopefully our guys are checking these games out, as well as the coaches, and breaking down things...

I think we have 4 games to play before we should worry about Duke.

I also think Vermont will be fine. Not as good as last season because they lost Trapani , but still pretty good.

Maybe you are missing my casual perspective here. What I'm saying is that if anyone has free time on their hands from our squad, it can do nothing but benefit them from watching. I'm not saying it is necessary, or anyone's focus should be placed on Duke now, or next week.

If I were playing Duke next month, and they were on TV every other night since the start of November, I might decide to watch a game or two of theirs... seeing that they are what's on ESPN. Hanging out at the dorm with the guys, getting into watching one of their upcoming opponents... seems to me like a good time for them.

And if you are concerned with my focus, let me reassure you brother, my attention is on nothing but Saturday.

Once in a while it's good to throw a curve into the mix.. seing that this is ALBANY CUP week.

I have no problem with anyone watching any game and I am sure they do. I have seen some of our players at many Albany sporting events and I am sure they watch some games on their spare time. However, breaking down things implies more than that. It implies scouting and such. I think it is way to early for that.

I just think it's great that we are trying to be upbeat and tracking our conference opponents.

I also believe before we can make judgements about teams we should do some research.

IMO 4-1 or 1-4 this time of year isnot a yardstick. The level of your opponent and their conference as well as their style of play has to be considered.

I for one feel UMBC is the real deal. I believe if Boston U gets Morris and Lowe back they will be extremely tough. UVM lost to Darthmouth on the road but they scare me they played very well against a good George Mason team. UNH and Maine have been a shocker to me they both have talent and will be tough. Hartford is waiting for McClendon to get untracked and just got VonRosenberg back from a knee injury. Binghamton has a new coach, a new system and a ton of athletes that scare me. Stony Brook really has played putrid and then they turn in a great effort against Kentucky?????

Meanwhile UA has done very well in the early going with its physical, blue collar style that I think I'm just not use to seeing at UA. The good thing is that are veterans know what type of effort is needed to get the job done. If we protect the ball and shoot it half way decent we'll be in most games.

I believe with have reason for optimism but to be honest we had a solid OOC schedule on paper and then it didn't transfer over, Sacred Heart has played poorly, Columbia has been weak, CCSU is extremely young and Lehigh was less than expected.

Meanwhile UMBC has plated A10 and CAA level teams and been successful, George Washington is a very solid team.

Potentailly we can be there but alot of improvement is necessary on our part. Right now I feel UMBC is the best, just my opinion.

If this team like Coach Brown's others continues to improve they could be very good. We have to get better offensively.

I think you're right about the strength of schedule as far as UA and UMBC go. Although RPI rankings are skewed early in the season, I think our SOS is 303. :(

Everytime I turn on ESPN this month, Duke is playing. Hopefully our guys are checking these games out, as well as the coaches, and breaking down things...

I think we have 4 games to play before we should worry about Duke.

I also think Vermont will be fine. Not as good as last season because they lost Trapani , but still pretty good.

Maybe you are missing my casual perspective here. What I'm saying is that if anyone has free time on their hands from our squad, it can do nothing but benefit them from watching. I'm not saying it is necessary, or anyone's focus should be placed on Duke now, or next week.

If I were playing Duke next month, and they were on TV every other night since the start of November, I might decide to watch a game or two of theirs... seeing that they are what's on ESPN. Hanging out at the dorm with the guys, getting into watching one of their upcoming opponents... seems to me like a good time for them.

And if you are concerned with my focus, let me reassure you brother, my attention is on nothing but Saturday.

Once in a while it's good to throw a curve into the mix.. seing that this is ALBANY CUP week.

I have no problem with anyone watching any game and I am sure they do. I have seen some of our players at many Albany sporting events and I am sure they watch some games on their spare time. However, breaking down things implies more than that. It implies scouting and such. I think it is way to early for that.

'Breaking things down' doesn't imply anything other than what I stated. It also doesn't imply 'scouting'.

Someone can be watching a game with another person drinking a beer or two or three, and 'break down' what they are seeing. Someone can be half sloshed and still 'break down' something.

All it implies is to put thought into something.

Maybe the boys were hanging out, chowing on some pizza, watching one of the dozen Duke games, and talking how they can approach the game. They can 'break down' for an hour, or maybe for a minute.

Same thing goes for coaches. Maybe two of the assistants got together to have a brew, and watched some of a game. They could casually 'break down' Duke's style, etc. etc. etc. etc. Let's not get too Knit picky here.

Archived