UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coach Ross to be named as Head Coach at New Haven

That is a disaster for UA. I knew we couldn't keep him forever but I thought he would stick around long enougfh to maybe take over for Fordie. It is a good job for him but this really hurts. we will need a real OC in the off season. He was invaluable as the Oline coach. This will hurt.

That is a disaster for UA. I knew we couldn't keep him forever but I thought he would stick around long enougfh to maybe take over for Fordie. It is a good job for him but this really hurts. we will need a real OC in the off season. He was invaluable as the Oline coach. This will hurt.

I agree that it hurts us, but I don't think its a "disaster". I too wish he would have stayed around long enough to take over for Ford, but that may still end up the plan in the long run. I'm sure he consulted Fordie on this one and Fordie probably told him that getting head coaching experience at the DII level would be good for him in the long run. Doesn't mean he's out of consideration for UA when and if Fordie ever retires.

The more pressing question is who becomes the OC?

The only person on staff with the slightest chance of being an OC is Ryan McCarthy. But he would be a long-shot because of his lack of experience.

With that being said, can anyone think of former coaches who have moved on who may be in line to return as an OC?

They will not only need someone with experience but they need an Oline coach as well. We will really miss him as an Oline coach. They tried someone else a couple of years ago and it failed and Coach Rosso had to come back and assumed double duty. I wouldn't mind Roeder but I wouldn't mind someone from a larger program who could be sitting in the wings for Fordie to call it a day which could be another 5 years.

Have some time to kill? Type in good something like - albany assistant football graduate - and see see how many guys coaching at major college programs were assistants under Ford. One I didn't know:

Charlie Taff - Offensive Coordinator at Maryland

http://umterps.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mt..._charlie00.html

TU today......

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story...date=12/14/2007

UAlbany didn't announce who will be the new offensive coordinator. Rossomando said if the Great Danes go in-house, either quarterback coach Ryan McCarthy or offensive tackle/tight ends coach Mike Morita would be a fine choice.

Archived