UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coach Brown on TV thursday the 20th

Patch

According to Singelais's TU Blog......

The Great Danes practice Thursday morning. Then Brown and his wife, Jamie, will take a train down to New York City. Brown will be a guest on MSG Network between 6:30-7 p.m. to analyze the matchup between No. 6 Duke and No. 11 Pittsburgh at the Garden at 7 p.m.

The Browns will attend the game and head back to Albany late Thursday night.

“My wife is a college basketball junkie,” Brown said. “It’s not ideal travel-wise, especially since we practice the next morning and play on Saturday, but it’s something I thought would be enjoyable.”

MSG Network chose Brown because he just faced Duke and because Brown is good friends with Pittsburgh coach Jamie Dixon. Brown will be joined in studio by Manhattan coach Barry Rohrssen, a former Pitt assistant.

Unbeknownst to MSG at the time, Brown also was briefly hired at Pitt by then-coach Ben Howland to be his director of basketball operations in 2001. Brown never started the job because UAlbany coach Scott Beeten lured him away to become his top assistant and recruiting coordinator.

Brown said his TV appearance is another way to promote UAlbany’s program.

“In the metropolitan area and even up here, most cable networks carry MSG now,” Brown said. “It’s a good opportunity … for the head coach at the University at Albany to be on MSG before the Duke-Pitt game.”

The outspoken Brown added he’d like to pursue more work in television.

“Down the road, it’s something I would enjoy if I ever decided to get out of coaching, (or) even while I’m in coaching,” he said. “I like the game.”

Brown was reluctant to pick a winner because of his close friendship with Dixon, but read between the lines, and it’s pretty obvious who he thinks will win.

“Duke’s definitely a top four team,” Brown said. “Pitt might be a notch below the top five.”

Patch quoted material from Mark Singelais's blog yesterday evening in the T-U. Here's the link:

http://blogs.timesunion.com/collegesports/

Another segment of the blog has info about Josh Martin. "who is in Philadelphia attending services for his cousin, who was murdered over the weekend. Brown said Martin will likely return Thursday.

“'There is a strong possibility he might not start on Saturday,' Brown said. 'I never had a cousin murdered. It’s a rough position.'”

This event possibly explains why Martin was not much of a factor in the Duke game. Condolences to Josh and his family.

I like the part of the blog where Coach quotes Lillis who says that every game from here on out is winnable for UA. We have few OOC games left, and since the conference is not where we would like it to be UA has the opportunity to do quite well in AE play. Granted, we did not win every game yet where we felt we had the edge.

Watched Coach Brown on MSG.

- Gave allot of props to Timmy, said he could potentially be a Jamar caliber player if he continues to adjust and pickup the college game. Made the point that he has defended him better then any opponent could by not playing him.

- Obviously talked about Duke.

- Talked a bit about leading UCONN (was asked by the host what that game did for the program) and that it was great publicity.

Archived