UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Going to see Barksdale today

Going with a fellow alumni to the Jets game today...Yes I know, 3-11 Jets against the 4-12 Chiefs, woohoo

But Barksdale will all but likely play today. He has played the last 2 weeks because of injuries and since there were other injuries last week, I expect to see him in action. Should be fun. Will report on it later.

back from the game...

let me say it is pretty cool to see a player you saw play for your school in college on the field. He did play today. He was involved in about 90% of the special teams plays. Seeing him run was cool. Still is fast. He was so fast the Jets had to put him on double coverage. He even got a chance on KR to start the second half, but didn't take it.

There were two moments for him today:

1) First half, the Chiefs punted and the ball bounced near the goal line and Rashad dove and stopped the ball at the 1 yard line, but his feet just crossed the plain to have ti called as a touchback. He even tried to do a little break dance type move to keep his feet from going over the line. Lets just say the Jet fans got on him for the effort, hahaha.

2) Rashad was on punt coverage and the ball went rolling out of bounds. Leon Washington went in to block and it looked as if he grabbed Rashad's jersey and dragged him out of bounds. In response, just before the end of the play, Nate Harris slammed Washington. Harris got called for the personal foul.

While he had only 1 tackle, he looked good in putting pressure. Like I said, the Jets started him on single coverage, and clearly had him double-covered by the 2nd quarter.

Archived