UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Marist Women in Top 25

Yesterday the Marist women's basketball team was named to the top 25 of the nation.

UA played them at home on December 22 and lost 75-71.

With all the challenges that the women's team has faced in the last few seasons, it's nice to see that they can now be competitive with some of the best teams in the country.

Was this a human poll? The computer rankings are comparable, as the Red Vixens are #34 in RPI, #28 in power rankings, and #32 in the Sagarin ratings, while Albany is in the 240s or worse.

Even Marist fans said Albany players were more athletic than they were. I can only conclude that the rankings for women are even less understandable than for men.

Was this a human poll? The computer rankings are comparable, as the Red Vixens are #34 in RPI, #28 in power rankings, and #32 in the Sagarin ratings, while Albany is in the 240s or worse.

Even Marist fans said Albany players were more athletic than they were. I can only conclude that the rankings for women are even less understandable than for men.

The following quote comes from this morning's edition of the Poughkeepsie Journal.

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/apps/pb...328/1002/SPORTS

Here's the quote: "It was seemingly an ordinary Tuesday afternoon until Meg Dahlman picked up the phone. 'We were just like, 'Oh, my God! This is insane! I can't believe this!' Dahlman said when her head coach, Brian Giorgis, gave her the news. Their Marist College women's basketball team earned the No. 25 spot in this week's ESPN/USA Today Top 25 Women's Coaches' Poll."

I personally don't know that much about women's basketball. I just know that Marist made it to the Sweet 16 in the NCAA's last season.

What is the history of Hartford Women's hoops? They seem to be consistently good every year, and for an America East team to be knocking on the Top-25 door is great!

Regular season champs 2006, 2007

League champs 2002, 2005, 2006

Big-deal big-name coach Jen Rizotti from UConn (worst whining coach in the league)

2000 posts for me woohoo!

Archived