UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Big Board Sports

I happened to catch some of Roger Wyland's morning radio show the other day. Not sure how topic got started on his show but he was talking about area sports & area fan support. I was a little surprised at the comments he made. He said the MAAC basketball conference is terrible & Siena will never draw big crowds to games like Rider. He said if they moved to A-10, etc. that they would draw near 10,000 a game in this market. He said it's pathetic that only major sport is Single A baseball. I have e-mailed him a couple of times in the past re: any chance of UAlbany trying to get into A-10 as he hyped that move when did special radio show from RACC when UAlbany went D-1. After all it would only be beneficial to him in long run as would be involved. He never responded to my e-mails. He also said on show that UAlbany was gem of Siena's schedule. After all these years it hard to think that Siena needs UAlbany to boost attendance as established somewhat in basketball world. Any thoughts?

UA has to walk before it starts to run.

A couple of winning seasons in Hoop and The Danes may be ready for a move to the A10. UA has a broad based athletic program and FB is ready to go all scholarship, a move may be in the near future but I don't see anything until probably after the 05/06 season. By that time we will be on firm footing in Hoop and know what direction we're going in Football, the 2 sports that pull the athletic wagon.

Siena has a great hoop program and does a nice job attendence wise but with that said Saints/Danes game outdrew every Saints/ MAAC home game. If UA stays in the AE they won't draw larger fan support than Siena until they are in a better conference.

UA Hoops has a chance to be an upper tier AE school next year. They need to be in the upper echelon before the A10 or any other conference would want them.

This year, UA could very well become a mid tier AE team and next year if the new kids can play, UA should be eleveated to the upper tier. I do think they need another center to back up Zoellner next year. You want the 6'8" kids to play their natural positions which is PF.

Roger Wyland also said would be better if in higher profile conference even if do lousy in beginning. I do agree with that as long term benefit is what matters. Now that Boston College is going to ACC the A-10 should be a good bet to get raided as well. I say UAlbany make a move if possible as will be stuck as who knows when another opportunity would arise. Eventually would be able to compete & look what winning does. Look at Florida Marlins for example. Attendance increases 5 times when winning. Fans are fickle as everyone loves a winner.