UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting

Just noticed a new name on scout.com.....scouts says we've offered Colt Ryan a 2 star recruit from Batesville, IN.

ESPN insider says....."November, 2007: Colt Ryan is a jack-of-all-trades, master of none. He can score in a variety of ways and is an exceptional catch and shoot guy. He is a good passer and has great vision of the court. While not a good athlete, he can handle pressure and he uses his basketball IQ to be effective against better athletes. He will also get an occasional rebound, but clearly can improve this aspect of his game. Most of Ryans limitations are on the defensive end of the floor. He has to improve his lateral quickness, but he also needs to change his mindset as well. Currently, he does not work nearly as hard on the defense as he does on offense. He will need to improve his mindset as well as work on his weaknesses to improve his overall game."

Rivals gives him 3 stars saying that he holds 5 offers.....schools in persuit are Indiana, Michigan, Perdue, Butler, Miami-OH and Indiana St.

Any interest on the part of the admin (DP) and or the board members to have a pinned thread where all things concerning the recruitment of athletes for the 09 class can be entered? Just wondering

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any interest on the part of the admin (DP) and or the board members to have a pinned thread where all things concerning the recruitment of athletes for the 09 class can be entered? Just wondering

I will do that.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that Zach Bohannon was supposed to be visiting UA soon but I could be wrong.

I will do that.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that Zach Bohannon was supposed to be visiting UA soon but I could be wrong.

Thanks DP,

I was just thinking that allot of the time stuff many of us find on recruits doesn't need a thread of it's own. :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

Found this little tidbit over at hoopmasters.com so I thought I'd pass it along....Not vouching for the accuracy of this though.....

"Iowa State's head coach Greg McDermott's son Greg attend Ames High with Barnes. The younger McDermott has a scholarship offer from Albany and interest from South Dakota among other schools. However, they will have to battle many of the top programs such as Duke, North Carolina, Kansas and Texas to land perhaps the state's highest rated recruit ever."

He is a 2010 recruit....pretty steep competition for his services though..... :D

Archived