UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Men's Soccer remains undefeated

When I looked at the write-up on the most recent UA soccer game (versus San Diego State) as found on the UA Athletic website, I noticed that one of our players was ejected in the second minute of the match for a hand ball. I have never played soccer, so I don't really know the rules, but I have witnessed many soccer games, and I cannot recall an ejection for a hand ball violation.

Can someone with more experience than I have please inform me of the rules in this situation? I noticed that three other players were given yellow cards while noone on the opposing team was cited for card violations. Must have been some game!

Ejection if the hand ball occurs on a scoring opportunity. At one time it may have just been a penalty kick, but it was decided that wasn't severe enough.

(Guy in the next cubicle to me is a college ref and high up in the section's high school ref association)

Ejection if the hand ball occurs on a scoring opportunity. At one time it may have just been a penalty kick, but it was decided that wasn't severe enough.

(Guy in the next cubicle to me is a college ref and high up in the section's high school ref association)

UAalum72,

Thanks for the explanation. I hadn't heard of that rule before, but it kind of makes sense. Is there any aspect of the rule that deals with how flagrantly intentional the violation was?

Archived