UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Men's Soccer remains undefeated

an impressive 3-0 victory over San Diego last night. Dantas scored another goal late, but also had assists on the two other goals. He is going to be something special for us.

It was rough game as the teams combined for 7 yellow cards while San Diego also had 1 red card.

They will face a good program in San Diego State on Sunday.

Also, congrats to the women's team, winning their first game yesterday.

Yes, women's soccer beat Youngstown 2-1, volleyball beat the self-proclaimed NY flagship that's not in our conference in three straight sets, while Alumni Turf Field was being used by a field hockey team from some suburban college that apparently doesn't have lights on their home pitch (and will be playing a couple more games in Albany).

Yes, women's soccer beat Youngstown 2-1, volleyball beat the self-proclaimed NY flagship that's not in our conference in three straight sets, while Alumni Turf Field was being used by a field hockey team from some suburban college that apparently doesn't have lights on their home pitch (and will be playing a couple more games in Albany).

For what reason would we be allowing them to use our fields? I assume I know who you are talking about.

Damn, that I DO NOT LIKE at all. It almost makes me sick to my stomach.

I hope UA supporters (though they had no direct interest in that match) were able to take all the best seating and standing positions. Also, I hope we took all the money that any concessions earned.

Whether because they also had a soccer game yesterday, or the lights issue (though they play 4:00 games at their field in late October) I don't know.

Remember they also played lax at JFF last year. Colleges share facilities occasionally - we played field hockey at Union's field before we had our own, and lacrosse at RPI, maybe even football at RPI's turf field once when a hurricane made our field unplayable - but if a school from our division uses it we should at least have a big 'A' logo at midfield and unmissable signs all around.

Or maybe trade use of Alumni Turf field for a true home basketball home game at the TUC.

Whether because they also had a soccer game yesterday, or the lights issue (though they play 4:00 games at their field in late October) I don't know.

Remember they also played lax at JFF last year. Colleges share facilities occasionally - we played field hockey at Union's field before we had our own, and lacrosse at RPI, maybe even football at RPI's turf field once when a hurricane made our field unplayable - but if a school from our division uses it we should at least have a big 'A' logo at midfield and unmissable signs all around.

Or maybe trade use of Alumni Turf field for a true home basketball home game at the TUC.

I guess that our rival's use of our fields dispels the oft-repeated argument by their fans that state funds should not be expended at UA or any other public faciilty. These people too easily forget that SUNY facilities are often used by the whole community.

I guess that our rival's use of our fields dispels the oft-repeated argument by their fans that state funds should not be expended at UA or any other public faciilty. These people too easily forget that SUNY facilities are often used by the whole community.

It's time SUNY is unshackled from the chains of burdensome policies that no other state university is held to. If Michigan, Ohio State or UCLA shares their fields with local private schools, then I'm fine with Albany sharing it's fields with Siena. If the other state universities do not share their fields, neither should Albany. SUNY too often is handicapped in ways no other state university is handicapped. If people want to attend a private school, that's great but there's a reason its PRIVATE. Your doing your own thing. Don't expect the state to fund your private school and don't expect the state to abandon its responsibility to deliver affordable as well as nationally ranked programs, both academic and athletic. It's like saying I want to send my kid to a private school so the state shouldn't fund public schools or that the public schools should be terrible. Athletic funding is part of funding a state university nation wide. New York should be no different.

Now, I'm going back to watching other state's universities play football on ESPN. Siena fans can kiss my a$$

Siena fans can kiss my a$$

Now that I can agree with!

Let them deal with and play on their own private school, pathetic athletic fields. We damn better not let them use JFF this coming year. Only when they come to get their a$$es whooped by our lacrosse teams.... if we even bother to schedule them anymore.

I don't think collecting entrance fees at any of their games would justify letting them use our facilities, and it would also be putting more wear and tear on our quality fields. God forbid in the future we need funding for reparations.

Anyone know if field hockey plays in the rain?

Remember they also played lax at JFF last year.

Well their Lacrosse team was the only team to lose 2 games on our field that season if I remember correctly. Maybe the LCC field hockey team can have the most losses on our field this season. Losing is obviously what LCC does best

:rolleyes:

Archived