UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Friday Poll

About the coaches poll  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted they were right considering what we lost. I was a bit torn though. On the one hand, Coach always delivers a good team, a team that is good enough to compete for the conference. Even last year when we lost Jamar and Jason we were still good enough for the two spot. On the other hand, we need to prove it with this group, and this is a large new group of players so perhaps they are right....for now. Although I hope we prove them wrong!

I voted "they were wrong, we'll be in the top half." I voted this way in large part because not all of our new players are brand-new freshman. Several are either transfers or players with prep school experience (i.e., Raffa). I think several of our players will travel up the learning curve faster than a freshman might normally progress. Just my speculative (and hopeful) $.02.

As a preseason pick, it seems about right. If you consider Harris was out when the predictions were made, it seems realistic. My hope is that the new players mature quickly and enable us to beat the prediction.

Ah, good point, I forgot about that. I think it may have been coach who reasoned that the polls are done a few months before they are announced and before recruiting is completed. From this, I might change my vote to "about right."

I understand that we lost a lot, including a first-team all conference player and the thinking seems to be that we brought in good players but they need to "prove it at this level." If I have a problem with the poll it's that they didn't seem to apply this same measure to Bing who they picked above us. Bing finished lower in the standings last year, lost their top three scorers and brought in 10 new players. Maybe they should be picked fifth but I don't see the reasoning.

I think their reason with Bing is because they brought in high profile transfers, whereas we brought in guys no one has ever heard of. Tiki and Theo are big time names who people are familiar with, so people know that Bing has a lot of talent and if they put it together chemistry wise they can be a scary team. Until the Will Harris announcement, no one had heard of any of our other transfers since they all came from much smaller schools, which is why I think Bing is getting a little more respect than we were...

Archived