UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Tickets

UA'08

there was a thread on this awhile back. I even posted pics of Brian Lillis' high school.

A proper board, one that has a video screen in the middle, can cost upwards of a half-million minimum. A smaller one would probably be 100-200k.

I know Will put the Villanova game $$ to lockerrooms. If the school was smart, and they are a good percentage of the time, they would do this:

1- Go to Will and ask him to put next year's guarantee towards one board. This would be an advance so we can get the board in by AE tourney time;

2- Match those funds

3- Go to SEFCU...and go to Choice Hotels and see if they will match half-of-the funds each.

4. Go to four other corps and match 1/2 of the original funds Will puts up from the guarantee.

If my math is correct, you will have approx:

75K guarantee

75K school match

150k from Choice and SEFCU

150k from four sponsors.

Being that we had a VERY nice crowd that will only get bigger over the years with this group of kids (games will be fun, if not adrenaline inducing), it wouldnt be hard to convince SEFCU to buck up...and the smaller sponsors. As for Choice Hotels-- the AE tourney is here...and that is big for them.

My math gets us JUST soutth of 500k...and would get us the board.

Now, there are some things in play. We all know that the #1 campus priority is a stadium. The school could be waiting for the budget to go through because, if that occurs, concessions and other improvements to the RACC will be part of it. It may affect where they can hang that board. If that is the case, I am all for waiting.

Personally, the RACC is a sweet little homecourt advantage. You add that scoreboard and fix concessions...it is a really solid mid-major venue.

I know Will put the Villanova game $$ to lockerrooms. If the school was smart, and they are a good percentage of the time, they would do this:

1- Go to Will and ask him to put next year's guarantee towards one board. This would be an advance so we can get the board in by AE tourney time;

2- Match those funds

3- Go to SEFCU...and go to Choice Hotels and see if they will match half-of-the funds each.

4. Go to four other corps and match 1/2 of the original funds Will puts up from the guarantee...... - D96

I think either I am making a misjudgement or D96 is????????

1. Coach doesn't pick where the guarantee game money goes. Basically most of that money goes towards operation cost for the program.

This year's Villanova game was an added guarantee game to cover (help cover?) the cost for the Locker Room improvements.

2. Matching funds wouldn't be such an easy thing to do in this climate - who knows what hit athletics will take or did take, with the revelation that some state monies expected may not be coming.

3. SEFCU has/does a tremendous amount for the university, but I'm sure they are going to have to watch the cash flow somewhat.

4. In this climate to get funds that haven't been dedicated yet may be extremely difficult/

Recognizing problems is easy coming up with viable solutions is a whole other story.

As usual I hope I'm wrong but.....................................................

I was making the misjudgment- I thought Coach picks where the $$ go based on an article I read. Well...Dr. McElroy should know that is the final massive improvement that needs to be made (sans concessions/bathrooms).

And I agree with what you are saying in general...but there are various ways for all the above to be financed if the University gets creative.

Archived