UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Tickets

UA'08

-Thats not good, we need a better turnout than that. Hopefully we will get a huge walk up.

DePasquale said UAlbany had sold about 1,500 tickets — not including 1,000 free tickets held aside for students — as of Friday evening at SEFCU Arena, which has a capacity of 4,538.

-Thats not good, we need a better turnout than that. Hopefully we will get a huge walk up.

DePasquale said UAlbany had sold about 1,500 tickets — not including 1,000 free tickets held aside for students — as of Friday evening at SEFCU Arena, which has a capacity of 4,538.

If we don't get more then 3K there it will be disappointing!

Respectfully, of course :) , I think that it would result in some increase in attendance (whether that increase is a substantial and significant increase is the real question though). I'm no expert, but I've already had people comment to me that they would enjoy going now if they could have chairbacks! For example, my g/f just said tonight that she wouldn't mind going with me to more games if she could sit in a chairback (which she will be able to do now this year).

While the chairback vs. no chairback seating difference wouldn't matter to many of us because we're hardcore fans, I really do think it matters to a lot of people who are just casual fans and who are just out to have a night out and find something to do. I think you'll get a lot more of the older crowd and ladies there if they can have chairbacks to sit in. Just my opinion though ... .

So, again, I'm no expert, and I can't point to any data or studies to support my view, but I think having more chairbacks would absolutely "improve" attendance. I think even Boisy and Dane96 would agree that it would, perhaps, "improve" attendance. Our disagreement probably centers around whether there would be a substantial, measurable, and material difference in having chairbacks (with me saying yes, and D96 and Boisy claiming no).

Only one way to find out, right? :D

NO!

They need to market the games more...get some billboards up or something....most importantly WIN! People love a winner!

PS - But beyond chairbacks, I absolutely AGREE with Boisy's comment here. It DRIVES ME NUTS to not see billboards and advertisements along the road for our team. I already researched and posted this summer (on this forum) the name and website for the company that owns most of the billboards in this area.

Also, I would be happy to form a group of alumni and fans to raise money to purchase our own private advertisement for the program if anyone else is interested in helping out.

I think sometimes people are more willing to donate money when they know that money is being marked for a specific project or task. For example, if the school had a "raise money for a couple new LCD TV scoreboards for SEFCU Arena," I know I'd be writing a check the moment that campaign started collecting money. I'm sure others on here would do the same. Perhaps in the future, the school could undertake project-specific solicitations for the athletic department. In today's tight economic times, this sort of soliciting for donations might be the way to get some smaller projects and capital improvements done for the athletic department!

I think adding more chairbacks would improve attendance at SEFCU. It might not add more numbers to the crowd level immediately, but it would add to the experience. As the American population ages, more and more people expect a higher comfort level.

On a similar note, I think the UA ticket office might improve the level of service it provides. I called three times this week to order tickets. Once no one answered, so I left my phone number. No one called back. The third time I finally got to place my order. By now, it was already Thursday, and I was surprised that chairbacks were still available. The tickets were supposed to be held at the "will call" table, but when I arrived there were no tickets in my name there.

It would be nice to order tickets on the Internet again. People could choose their seats, and there would be no hassle in dealing with people who sometimes make mistakes.

It would be nice to order tickets on the Internet again. People could choose their seats, and there would be no hassle in dealing with people who sometimes make mistakes.

I agree the internet system was not operational for most of last year...I hope they look at reinstituting it. I think it would avoid some of the problems old dog notes as folks could print the tix online as well....as regards some of the marketing comments..it would be nice to see a little more aggressive marketing and advertising...however, it does cost serious money (billboards, particularly in prominent locales, can literally cost thousands of dollars per month....)...remember that NYS is in a severe and, recent legislative inaction notwithstanding, real, budget crisis that will negatively impact UA and all of SUNY ...and I would suspect that the requisite cost cuts and tuition increases needed will negatively impact the Athletic Dept, perhaps most directly when and if tuition goes up...since the Athletic Department "pays" the University for scholarships, overall operating costs will be going up for the AD and its likely that advertising/marketing would be a place that would need to take a further hit in order to keep baseline operations running at current levels...bottom line..in a very challenging economy UA hoops is a great cheap night out (particularly for young families...where else can folks take thier kids for a bucK???)...so..I suggest to all that you encourage friends, family, co workers etc to come and check it out...I know that everyone I have gotten to SEFCU based on my suggestion have really enjoyed themselves ..and...if you can (and I know many here already do, so I'm preaching to the choir...) contribute via the Varsity Club or the Foundation...

NO!

They need to market the games more...get some billboards up or something....most importantly WIN! People love a winner!

PS - But beyond chairbacks, I absolutely AGREE with Boisy's comment here. It DRIVES ME NUTS to not see billboards and advertisements along the road for our team. I already researched and posted this summer (on this forum) the name and website for the company that owns most of the billboards in this area.

Also, I would be happy to form a group of alumni and fans to raise money to purchase our own private advertisement for the program if anyone else is interested in helping out.

I think sometimes people are more willing to donate money when they know that money is being marked for a specific project or task. For example, if the school had a "raise money for a couple new LCD TV scoreboards for SEFCU Arena," I know I'd be writing a check the moment that campaign started collecting money. I'm sure others on here would do the same. Perhaps in the future, the school could undertake project-specific solicitations for the athletic department. In today's tight economic times, this sort of soliciting for donations might be the way to get some smaller projects and capital improvements done for the athletic department!

I would agree with you UAMA....I've given and give to the school but if there was a campaign started tomorrow for a new scoreboard or something, I'd be writing a check tomorrow. At times it's easier to give if you KNOW that this money will be applied towards this project. I don't know how everyone else feels but I'm with UA_MA here.

Bos- get in touch with the development people. I dont know what the school is working on, but you can be sure they are always looking to improve facilities.

-Stadium

-Scoreboard and Concessions-- RACC

-Finishing the lax stadium-- adding concessions, meeting rooms, and two small bathrooms

I am sure you can ask that your money be applied to one of those. Remember, the money might not be spent now, however it is gaining interest. As soon as I get back on my feet again, I am going to be making a nice donation to the school...in two parts. Frankly, something WILL be done with the stadium issue...whether it is PLAN B or not.

So, maybe your $$ can go to the RACC.

I want one of these suckers for the SEFCU (do we even have room ... lol?):

http://www.timewarnercablearena.com/page/a...ghts_scoreboard

and designed by:

The scoreboard was based upon an original concept from Barry Silberman, former arena COO and designed by Spurgeon Design Group, experts in lighting, video, sound, and sets for Broadway shows, themed venues, and Las Vegas theatrical extravaganzas. Most of the board, including the LED video portions, was manufactured by Daktronics, who has built scoreboards for some of the most recognizable sports facilities in the country.

Website for Spurgeon Design and Development, LLC:

http://sddllc.com/

1. Scoreboard used at University of Texas basketball games:

Scoreboard, University of Texas at Austin

2. Something like this for the end of the arena, opposite the ticket office at SEFCU, for watching replays of plays. This is installed at the NFL Colts' Arena:

http://www.daktronics.com/ProductsServices...s=&filters=

Archived