UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

FCS Championship Game moved to eve of BCS game

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com...tball-ga?blog=2

The Football Championship Subdivision title game that has been held in Chattanooga for the last 11 years will move from December to the eve of the Bowl Championship Series national championship game in January for the 2010 season, NCAA officials said.

The administrative committee of the Division I Championships/Sports Management Cabinet approved the Division I Football Championship Committee’s recommendation earlier this month.

This change is effective for the 2010 season, the first season the NEC has an AQ.

Great move by the committee!

December is associated with 3rd tier bowls. If they want to showcase FCS, this is the way to do it. Now it just needs to be broadcast on a big four network (NBC, CBS, ABC or Fox)

December is associated with 3rd tier bowls. If they want to showcase FCS, this is the way to do it. Now it just needs to be broadcast on a big four network (NBC, CBS, ABC or Fox)

It will be on the ESPN family of networks, there was a schedule posted somewhere, but I can't find it.

I wouldn't expect ABC, but I hoping that ESPN will jump on this thing considering they don't have the BCS games. ESPN was the catalyst for moving the game, so I'm hopeful they have some plans.

Afterall - this is the only Division I football championship that is ACTUALLY sponsored by the NCAA.

It will be on the ESPN family of networks, there was a schedule posted somewhere, but I can't find it.

I wouldn't expect ABC, but I hoping that ESPN will jump on this thing considering they don't have the BCS games. ESPN was the catalyst for moving the game, so I'm hopeful they have some plans.

Afterall - this is the only Division I football championship that is ACTUALLY sponsored by the NCAA.

Didn't ESPN just get the B*S games on the new contract.

Didn't ESPN just get the B*S games on the new contract.

Yes, you are right, but I don't think it begins until 2013 or so.

There are a lot of great reasons why this move is good. Some negative ones also, but overall I think the move is for the benefit of FCS schools.

The interesting open question is where it will be held. Right now its in Chattanooga, TN, at UT-Chattanooga. But the Athletic Director there went on record saying they didn't want it in January so who knows if they'll actually bid.

Archived