UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

America East Tournament @ the TU Center?

The tu sports blog is stating that the tu manager wants to put in a bid for next year

or 2012.

Better than at sefcu?

Would anyone of you favor playing UAlbany regular season home games at the tu center?

What kind of deal does siena have with the tu?

I'd be in favor of playing a home game at the TU if that meant that we were getting a BCS type of team to come to Albany again.

I don't want to play at a game at the TU that we weren't expecting a crowd way over the SEFCU capacity.

I know in the past Siena locked out any other college basketball games (UA) out of the TUC for something like a day before their games and two days after, or something like that. The last time they renegotiated their contract, the TUC basically told them that such concessions to Siena will no longer be made. These provisions were put in place to lock UA out of the facility and was a move made by Siena around the time we moved to D1. The TUC has been courting UA over the last year or two.

I'd stay away from the TUC unless we can get a major BCS type team into town. At least for the time being while the fan base grows.

I'd stay away from the TUC unless we can get a major BCS type team into town. At least for the time being while the fan base grows.

my thoughts exactly

I feel as if it could be pulled off once or twice a year since it would be treated as a special event an allow for maximum attendance. I think having all home games downtown could be disastrous. Although student attendance has surely lacked the past couple years, I'd be willing to bet it would be almost non-existent if students didn't have the convenience of walking to the games. I consider myself a pretty dedicated fan, but as the season progressed it became harder and harder to get myself to the games despite it being only a 3 minute walk...pretty much i think it would only snowball the attendance issue to bring the games to the TUC, but...

it may be an unrealistic fantasy but hey I can dream right?

Somehow get a significant team to come to the TU early in the year (when fan interest/patience is highest), get maybe 8-10k in there...pull off an upset to put us on the map (rather than the almost/shoulda/coulda/near upset of uconn)...like I said its a big wish based on nothing material but this could be a great opportunity because lets face it a BCS school will never come to the SEFCU...

Archived