UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I wasn't able to make it up but it sounds like a decent turnout for a game not announced until a week in advance. Hopefuly its the start of a spring tradition and builds with the years.

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=925057&category=SPORTS

Mark essentially just copied and pasted from this

http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=70366&SPID=8009&DB_OEM_ID=15800&ATCLID=204923042

Here's the UA recap of the game

http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15800&ATCLID=204935723

Any personal recaps?

Any estimate of the crowd as exact as "325" is the writer's fantasy. I thought there were about 200 at the start and as many a 4 or 5 hundred by the finish, with high school lax and a 5K run also happening in the area, and people wandering in and out.

The sound system seemed much improved.

Offensive numbers are deceiving because they only played four 12-minute quarters, so add 20%.

Defenses pretty much dominated, no real long plays allowed except the two mentioned in the reports.

I don't remember any punt returns, just fair catches - by order?

One missed field goal.

Video of the Spring Game - gives me an enhanced appreciation of pro photographers

Did you do the filiming UA? If so, thanks a ton. I now have something to do my next slow day at work. Thanks.

Yes, just practicing with the camera.

I just got to watch both videos. Thanks again UA.

I was really just watching the offense.

Leathey looked much better to me at QB than Dilella. But, the Gold O-line looked to be doing a better job also. Dilella threw a lot of balls of his back foot, especially in the 2nd half. Leathey looks way more athletic and he looked a lot more comfortable with everything. I think Leathey can more than handle himself under center with Smith and company in the backfield.

At RB, I think #19 looked the best in the clips you had up. I think its Romain, but its hard to tell. Miseikis from Amsterdam is a little spark plug out there and will be great for short yardage needs. Tremain Wilsom also looked good. I feel much better in the RB crop after watching that.

Defense looked solid, but these scrimmages are generally always defensive controlled. Its a lot easier to make an assignment mistake on defense and still make play than it is on offense and with such a short timeframe for practice the defense usually has a leg up.

danefan could'nt agree more with your assesment on the offense. I have attended three practices a scrimmage and the spring game . If you remember my posts during and after last season i was really impressed with Leathley I thought he had the best skill set of all the guys last year . He appears to have gotten bigger and certainly has a strong arm . I think what he brings is those one or two plays a game that he will get with his athletism along with being very savvy in the pocket . I liked some of the things that Romain did but I not sure he is a every down back . Coupled with Drew that good create some problems for teams . It could be fun watching thes young guys play the next three or four years but you never know what Fordie is doing

FmrDane...i gotta say, I wasnt so sure of your post way back when, however I texted Danefan Sunday night telling him I thought the Qb's were good. And I agree with DF's and your assessment. I really really think both QB's are more naturally skilled that Vinny (but Vinny was a great leader).

I think, if it were me, I would start Buddy if the season kicked off today. Bottom line, either QB will be fine and I love it because it will allow us to take Andrew Smith and put him all over the field as our most dangerous weapon (Wildcat, straight QB, H-Back, Slot receiver and TB).

FmrDane...i gotta say, I wasnt so sure of your post way back when, however I texted Danefan Sunday night telling him I thought the Qb's were good. And I agree with DF's and your assessment. I really really think both QB's are more naturally skilled that Vinny (but Vinny was a great leader).

I think, if it were me, I would start Buddy if the season kicked off today. Bottom line, either QB will be fine and I love it because it will allow us to take Andrew Smith and put him all over the field as our most dangerous weapon (Wildcat, straight QB, H-Back, Slot receiver and TB).

Thanks Dane96 i spend alot of time watching these guys and im very excited about this years team . I dont think we will be as consistant but we will be much more exciting! Ihave been a real beliver in some of these young guys the past year ie Buddy ,Kirchner ,Drew , Booker and Morgan . I really think these guys are going to be special when its all said and done

Thanks Dane96 i spend alot of time watching these guys and im very excited about this years team . I dont think we will be as consistant but we will be much more exciting! Ihave been a real beliver in some of these young guys the past year ie Buddy ,Kirchner ,Drew , Booker and Morgan . I really think these guys are going to be special when its all said and done

2010 will be an interesting season for sure, but 2011 is shaping up to be an amazing one. If everything pans out the way I think it might, we could be looking at 2 potential Payton candidates in 2011 and 2012. That would be great.

What I do know is the athleticsim is amazing compared to what it was even 3, 4 years ago.

2010 will be an interesting season for sure, but 2011 is shaping up to be an amazing one. If everything pans out the way I think it might, we could be looking at 2 potential Payton candidates in 2011 and 2012. That would be great.

What I do know is the athleticsim is amazing compared to what it was even 3, 4 years ago.

I agree that the next three years should be amazing! Im sure your are refering to Andrew Smith who is the other potential candidate you have in mind . Just curious

I agree that the next three years should be amazing! Im sure your are refering to Andrew Smith who is the other potential candidate you have in mind . Just curious

I'm referring to Smith and I think there is a real chance that Romain will grow into an absolute beast in the backfield. He's not proven yet, but with a full year of real college conditioning I think he'll be a McCarty type of runner.

I'm referring to Smith and I think there is a real chance that Romain will grow into an absolute beast in the backfield. He's not proven yet, but with a full year of real college conditioning I think he'll be a McCarty type of runner.

Yes he has the frame to get bigger and should be a very productive back

ASP recap of the Spring Game

http://www.albanystudentpress.org/football-team-gets-back-on-field-for-first-time-since-fall-1.1433183

The best article on it so far.

“Well it hurts Andrew very much. We needed to look at him this spring to see exactly where he is. He is a kid that could probably play three to five possessions on our football squad and one of them certainly is quarterback,” Ford said. “But we didn’t see him one snap under pressure this spring, so now we’re going into the fall with that question unanswered a little bit, and that is ‘Should he be our starting quarterback, or should he be our starting tailback?’”

Archived