UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Field hockey hosted LCC today. I stopped by after work and only saw the last 5 minutes. Apparently there is an unwritten rule against scoring 10 goals as UA passed the ball around for the whole time I was there. Some idiot yelled that the ball went out of bounds with less than a minute left while even the refs were just trying to run out the clock and didn't blow a whistle. There were not nearly as many whistles as you usually get. I was told that LCC scored the first goal of the game, the first goal they scored against UA in a few years. Final 9-1.

Field hockey hosted LCC today. I stopped by after work and only saw the last 5 minutes. Apparently there is an unwritten rule against scoring 10 goals as UA passed the ball around for the whole time I was there. Some idiot yelled that the ball went out of bounds with less than a minute left while even the refs were just trying to run out the clock and didn't blow a whistle. There were not nearly as many whistles as you usually get. I was told that LCC scored the first goal of the game, the first goal they scored against UA in a few years. Final 9-1.

Correct, bob. They scored 3 goals in 2001, single goals in 2002, 2003, and 2005 (never enough to win). But the 9 goals is the most we have ever scored against them in Division I.

Correct, bob. They scored 3 goals in 2001, single goals in 2002, 2003, and 2005 (never enough to win). But the 9 goals is the most we have ever scored against them in Division I.

I just read the blub on the LCC site. Their goalie set their school record for saves in a game. Like you said UA scored the most we ever scored against them. That is a lot of shots. It must have been big time dominance after the first goal.

Congrats to the ladies, as they sit at 9-2 on the season, 1-0 in conference play,

and have a game vs providence today...

Side note:

On the UAlbany schedule, women's golf has an all day event at lcc on Sunday, October 10th.

If it's a 1 on 1 event, I'll count the result in the standings here:

2010 Head to Head, 1 on 1 Competition

TOTALS: UAlbany 10 Siena 1, Ties 0

UAlbany 12 Siena 13 - Men's Lacrosse: March 2, 2010

UAlbany 18 Siena 2 - Women's Lacrosse: March 12, 2010

UAlbany 6 Siena 0 - Women's Softball: March 21, 2010 Game #1

UAlbany 11 Siena 3 - Women's Softball: March 21, 2010 Game #2

UAlbany 4 Siena 1 - Women's Softball: March 24, 2010 Game #1

UAlbany 4 Siena 2 - Women's Softball: March 24, 2010 Game #2

UAlbany 7 Siena 0 - Women's Tennis: April 20, 2010

UAlbany 8 Siena 1 - Women's Softball: April 27, 2010 Game #1

UAlbany 5 Siena 0 - Women's Softball: April 27, 2010 Game #2

UAlbany 1 Siena 0 - Men's Soccer: Sept 15, 2010

UAlbany 9 Siena 1 - Women's Field Hockey: Sept 28, 2010

UAlbany Siena - Men's Basketball:

UAlbany Siena - Women's Basketball:

http://uofalbany.blogspot.com/2009/01/ualbany-vs-siena-annual-series.html

Congrats to the ladies, as they sit at 9-2 on the season, 1-0 in conference play,

and have a game vs providence today...

Side note:

On the UAlbany schedule, women's golf has an all day event at lcc on Sunday, October 10th.

If it's a 1 on 1 event, I'll count the result in the standings here:

2010 Head to Head, 1 on 1 Competition

TOTALS: UAlbany 10 Siena 1, Ties 0

UAlbany 12 Siena 13 - Men's Lacrosse: March 2, 2010

UAlbany 18 Siena 2 - Women's Lacrosse: March 12, 2010

UAlbany 6 Siena 0 - Women's Softball: March 21, 2010 Game #1

UAlbany 11 Siena 3 - Women's Softball: March 21, 2010 Game #2

UAlbany 4 Siena 1 - Women's Softball: March 24, 2010 Game #1

UAlbany 4 Siena 2 - Women's Softball: March 24, 2010 Game #2

UAlbany 7 Siena 0 - Women's Tennis: April 20, 2010

UAlbany 8 Siena 1 - Women's Softball: April 27, 2010 Game #1

UAlbany 5 Siena 0 - Women's Softball: April 27, 2010 Game #2

UAlbany 1 Siena 0 - Men's Soccer: Sept 15, 2010

UAlbany 9 Siena 1 - Women's Field Hockey: Sept 28, 2010

UAlbany Siena - Men's Basketball:

UAlbany Siena - Women's Basketball:

http://uofalbany.blogspot.com/2009/01/ualbany-vs-siena-annual-series.html

Make that 10-2, with the victory over Providence!

Let's see where they rank us this week, with 3 more wins.

Regarding that head-to-head competition, it looks like we could have been in trouble had we met that other school's women's soccer team, as they just got ranked.

One reason to call attention to this is the last sentence in this blurb. Is that accurate? I know they may have our number in basketball, but facts like the one highlighted demonstrate the differnece between the two programs.

LOUDONVILLE, N.Y. - The only remaining undefeated and untied team left in all of Division I women's soccer is now ranked. Siena checked in at No. 25 nationally in the Soccer America Top-25 rankings released on Monday night. No other Siena Athletics program has been nationally ranked during the Division I era.

Hey, maybe it is political. 3 more wins to go to 10-2 and we drop a spot in the polls:

FH Poll

Probably because of strength of schedule this week.

Coaches' polls are notorious anyway, usually filled out be SIDs instead of coaches themselves.

"The Kookaburra / NFHCA Division I National Coaches Poll has no bearing on selection to the 2010 NCAA Division I Championship field." Yeah, right.

Archived