UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2011-12 Too Early Predictions

I understand you putting Stony Brook at #1. I'm still not 100% sold on them there although they certainly look to be in the top of the league.

It seems like every year we say Vermont shouldn't be very good next year and every year they are. I don't see them falling off. I still have a hard time believing Voelkel was a freshman. I keep waiting for the NCAA to announce he's actually 30 years old and has been playing in Europe for 10 years. They're going to win a ton while he's there.

I agree that I always undervalue Vermont on paper. Lonergan's creative ability to get that team together is beyond me. That said, the loss of Fjeld means this team lacks a serious inside threat and will put pressure on Voelkel and others to be better creaters scorer. If this team doesn't struggle to adjust, then Lonergan is just an absolute magician. Which he is. So you're probably right DP.

• 1 month later...

Now I understand you ratings and agree. You knew Longergan would be leaving so you picked them lower. It'd be nice if the standings were reversed but Albany-Stony Brook in the conference finals would be something.

Archived