UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

OT: Celtics vs Heat

uofalbany

Will Brown tweeted that he's a NYer but a lifelong Celtics fan, BUT, wants the Heat to win tonight.

He says James is underappreciated for his talent.

Well let me say, I was Born in Boston, grew up in NY, and have always been a Celtics fan... and would

never say that I wanted another team to win a game 7 in the conference final.

Not a true Celtics fan.

It's always an interesting conversation though... I need someone to chat with... :wacko:

Back on topic, he tweeted 9 or 10 times during the game,

from the look of things above on DP's twitter board ?????????????????

If he didn't tweet enough people would probably complain about that too lol.

But as someone who tweets during sporting events, I know many people tweet 15-30 tweets during a game. It may seem odd to those who don't use twitter daily but it's normal if you follow sports ppl.

If it relates to UA basketball, I'm all for catching a glimpse of his tweet above.

If it doesn't relate, no interest here. I'm just surprised there are SO many non-program related tweets.

Not particularly refering to Brown, but for most people, it almost feels like an ego thing. The belief that

people want to hear your every thought.

Anyhow, my Celtics lost. I'm bummed. I expect to see the Cs split up. Fun ride.

If it relates to UA basketball, I'm all for catching a glimpse of his tweet above.

If it doesn't relate, no interest here. I'm just surprised there are SO many non-program related tweets.

Not particularly refering to Brown, but for most people, it almost feels like an ego thing. The belief that

Eh, that's what Twitter is... if people want to follow they can, and if not they don't. Same reason some people don't like Facebook.

Back to following the updates on SBU's baseball game on twitter (since ESPNU pulled it for another game). :)

Eh, that's what Twitter is... if people want to follow they can, and if not they don't. Same reason some people don't like Facebook.

Back to following the updates on SBU's baseball game on twitter (since ESPNU pulled it for another game). :)

It is supposed to be on ESPN news, although I just got back from Syracuse and I have not turned on the TV to confirm that.

It is supposed to be on ESPN news, although I just got back from Syracuse and I have not turned on the TV to confirm that.

Ah thanks, it moved from ESPNU to ESPN news. Thanks Bob.

Sounds like an awful game so far. I am glad I missed it.

Sounds like an awful game so far. I am glad I missed it.

Yeah Purple and Gold getting their @#$@# handed to them... never a good thing.

But... it's good for the conference.

Seems to me like a two edged sword. Stony brook success does bring a small amount of attention

to the AE conference, and to SUNY. There is tremendous value for Stony Brook of course. But for UAlbany?

Does the small amount of attention UAlbany garners from their success have any significance when evaluating

the negative impact SBU's success has on our university? Our biggest opponent in many ways is Stony Brook.

We compete on the field and off the field for athletes, students, and govt funds. Personally, their success

makes me uneasy. I tend to route for SBU getting hammered every time it competes for anything.

Archived