UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story...sdate=4/23/2004

Ashley Vives, daughter of UAlbany Head Track & Field Coach, chooses Northeastern over UAlbany. They offered her a full ride. I wonder what the rules on him offering his own daughter a full ride are? It doesn't say if he did or not. He is quoted as saying she wanted a 'different experience' than being in Albany, as she has been her whole life.

Awkward!

I agree it looks awkward in the paper but I can totally understand her decision. Although it's certainly worked for some people (like the Sauers) I think alot of people go away to college to get away from their parents and establish themselves. I can't see myself going to college and being coached by my dad but that's just me.

I can actually talk about this very well. I work with the coach that recruited her. She had been recruited, with Roberto's blessings, for over two years by NU. She had always told her dad she wasnt coming to Albany. Northeastern, other than UA, has the best track program in the conference. Up until 3 months ago she was not going to NU. NU had yet to be fully funded. An alumnus came out of nowhere w/ a huge gift to the program and NU became fully funded for women's track. The impetus for all the funding was because NU was tired of the men kicking their butts and the women on their proverbial tails.

Roberto and this coach have a mutual respect for one another. The coach was a former All-Conference performer at an AE school. Finally, the same coach has confirmed what we all expected....NU is a done deal w/ the CAA...but will wait a year or two. It is a timing issue w/ the auto-bid for the AE. They dont want a backlash especially after the Brown fiasco. This was another reason Vives daughter went to NU...the CAA is a big step up in competition in women's track and field.