UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

This article will run in the Times Union next week. UAlbany is preparing for the final fund raising push. There was a lot of talk about a buy a brick campaign and they listened. Here is your opportunity to contribute without needing to be a millionaire. I understand you can even stretch the pledge over four years to lessen the blow. No matter how you do it, just make a contribution.

I encourage everyone to make the investment. Your on Big Purple Fans for a reason, you support UA.

image.jpg

Edited by SoCal_Dane

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct.

The plaque will be near the entrance so it should be prominent. You can ask Mary for details. Office number: (518) 956-7952

It'll be great to show my kid. Invest in your passion... that's UA sports for me with football as #1

Correct.

The plaque will be near the entrance so it should be prominent. You can ask Mary for details. Office number: (518) 956-7952

It'll be great to show my kid. Invest in your passion... that's UA sports for me with football as #1

Yeah I have my form already from the guy I work with at the UA Fund who I do my donations through. On that form it said plaque which is why I was just double checking that it wasn't bricks. I think the multi-year plan to donate is a great option.

Here is the landing page to donate:

www.albany.edu/stadium

The online form doesn't let you donate over 4yrs, but the paper form I have in hand does make that statement. If you contact anyone at the UA Fund they should be able to get you the paper form I'd think.

The ad will run on Sunday in the TU I believe.

EDIT: Someone must have tried to donate because now they changed the page saying they aren't taking donations right now. Haha, you'd think if someone is willing to donate they'd take the $ and run with it. Who cares if it's a few days before the announcement is official.

Edited by MsGDG

Right now the landing page says it's not currently accepting donations. But the picture shows a different perspective of the fieldstadium-788px.jpg

They updated the site already.

www.albany.edu/stadium

Back to the way it was this morning.

Someone on BPF asked me today for the mulit-year payment plan form I have. They don't seem to have PDFs of it as it's due by Friday. But if you contact..

Casey Crandall, Associate Director of Annual Giving

ccrandall@albany.edu

.. he can do the one payment or multi-year payment plan for you over the phone.

Edited by MsGDG

• 2 weeks later...

Donor e-mails have gone out:

With your help, we've raised over $2.4 million in support of the stadium! Thank you for being a part of UAlbany history. Your generous support helped us score the winning touchdown in the final days of our stadium fundraising campaign.

The new stadium will be the perfect venue for students, alumni, friends, and fans to cheer on our Great Danes—and to pay tribute to the outstanding achievements of legendary coach Bob Ford, who announced his retirement earlier this week.

Times Union Article: Coach Bob Ford leaves a legacy and his name

I hope to see you at Homecoming on October 19 as we unveil the Stadium Donor Wall of Fame, celebrate our talented student-athletes and the many acomplishments of UAlbany's football program under Coach Ford's 43 years of leadership.

Edited by haggyland