UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany/Siena Game

As area sportsfan I hope the women not playing is only one time thing as feel would be huge mistake to do it again. It has nothing to do with anyone being afraid to play another but with the exposure both teams gain from this game. I know the crowd pretty much rolls in for the men's game but as these games get more even, the excitement will build for this game as well. It's nice to step up in competition as Siena putting off game to play at higher level but in the long run these games won't do much in building area fan interest as good local rivalry would bring. I don't know if women's game should be moved to campus sites as probably would not draw the average area fan but feel even if only final ten minutes of game is seen by big crowd that it would create more interest in this game each year.

I hope we get a chance to find out what it will draw. I think that game will definitetly draw more than the average.

I'm not sure about the $iena women being a step up in competetion for that much longer. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Lady Danes with the higher RPI this year.

I don't know if women's game should be moved to campus sites as probably would not draw the average area fan

... it is clear that in the interest of protecting the reputation of their program siena bagged the game ... that said, i would like to see UA demand that the next meeting between the women occur at the RACC ... i would bet that a stand alone saturday day/evening game would draw a significant turnout, and more importantly, bring many capital district fans onto the UA campus and into the RACC ... many for the first time

No interest in the women's game! That's just a fact! Not my opinion but a fact. It should be on campus and it still won't draw much.

excluding conference tournaments, i would imagine that in time UA-Siena head-to-head games would consistently be the top draw for each program