UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Scholarship Golf Outing

Ruler

Can someone please explain to the Athletic Department that Mondays are not a good time for alumni outings. Every year they hold this golf outing on a Monday. This tends to eliminate alumni who work for a living. I understand that golf courses don't like these scramble formatted tournaments on Saturdays because it interferes with regular golfers, but it is necessary to get a Saturday outing for a better turnout. The University's team must have a relationship with a local course and they should be willing to accomodate a Saturday outing.

Evey year myself and 3 others are going to go, but it is held on a Monday afternoon. Fordie used to set up the football outing on a Saturday, why can't they do this now?

I heard today that Monday's Athletic department Golf Outing was cancelled due to Thunderstorms and has been rescheduled for - You Got It - Monday June 28th.

They are still looking for more golfers

UALBANY GREAT DANES SCHOLARSHIP GOLF CLASSIC ON MONDAY, JUNE 28

Albany, N.Y. – The University at Albany will host the 11th annual Great Danes Scholarship Golf Classic on Monday, June 28 at Shaker Ridge Country Club. Proceeds directly benefit the UAlbany athletic scholarship fund. The shotgun tee-off, scramble format begins at 12:15 p.m. The tournament was originally scheduled for May 24, but postponed due to severe weather in the Capital Region.

The Great Danes Scholarship Golf Classic is one way to assist UAlbany’s more than 450 student-athletes in attaining their educational and athletic pursuits through scholarship contribution. In 2003-04, the Great Danes have won America East Conference championships in men’s lacrosse, men’s indoor track and women’s golf, while football shared its second consecutive Northeast Conference title. In addition, men’s lacrosse made its second straight NCAA Division I tournament appearance.

Shaker Ridge County Club is hosting the Great Danes Scholarship Golf Classic for the first time. Shaker Ridge is set up at 6,743 yards from the championship tees and plays to par 71 (36-35). The course, designed by Jim Thomson, previously hosted the annual Capital District Skins Game.

I think the same goes for the luncheons that are held during the week although if you work close by you can catch some of those. I suspect the golf outing is geared more for people like Patch who have deep pockets and are able to make their own schedules.

While we're at it let's move it out of Loudonville too.

DP

I never said I was playing in it. I don't have the time or the patience to play Golf!

I just was spreading the news!!

I definately don't have "Deep Pockets" - and what's even worse is that I have very short arms.

I disagree with moving it out of Loudonville, I think it's time we start encroaching on $iena territory in fact I think we should lay seige to it and start taking everything we can from $iena!!!!

I understand that golf courses don't like these scramble formatted tournaments on Saturdays because it interferes with regular golfers, but it is necessary to get a Saturday outing for a better turnout.

it would be nice to see future UA golf outings moved to saturday, but not very likely for the reason stated above ... my gripe is with the luncheons ... difficult for many who work traditional hours/days ... at least one early dinner would be welcomed ... the original date for the golf outing conflicted with my schedule, but monday 6/28 just might work