UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Exhibition Games

How do you develop interest in a program if the fans don't know when the games are?

I believe we are going to have 1 or 2 exhibition games and I guess no "open" intra squad scrimmage. Does anyone have any information?

People complain that there's apathy on Campus when it comes to supporting our teams. I am of the belief we bring alot of that apathy upon ourselves because we do a very poor job of exposing the student body to what's going on within the program. The athletic department has to do more then hang up a few little posters around campus.

I was just in a Price Chopper and they have Siena's schedule up and a promotion to support Siena Hoop. Last Year Siena's schedule and info were in almost all ot the Stewart Stores in the area.

Patch-I agree 100%. In practically every business in Schenectady there are Union College Football and Hockey schedule.

I don't understand the lack of an open scrimmage either. For two years in a row homecoming weekend has been set up perfectly for an open basketball scrimmage to give fans some exposure to the team. Homecoming generally has the largest crowd for a football game, why we don't showcase the hoops program as part of homecoming festivites I'll never understand.

I see little change in the P.R. and marketing of Great Danes basketball. I was under the impression that there was a new person in charge who was going to bring an aggressive and energized approach to the job. I hope his thinking isn't that it is still early.Coach Brown has done a masterful job in taking an embarrassing program that had no direction and turning it into a program that is on solid ground and has a bright future. He has been indefatigable in his efforts to scour the country and convince legimate D1 talent to come to a school with a tarnished basketball history at the D1 level. It would be an atrocity if Albany were to lose such a young and talented coach due to lack of support. Coach Brown has done his part and handled himself in a professional manner, it is time for the rest of the Albany basketball program to do the same.

alum73 on Oct. 28th reported that there will be an exhibition game on Nov. 16th but there is nothing on the Official Albany site to confirm this.

People wonder why it's tough to get the fans interested and to turnout but in reality the Athletic Department does nothing to build a support base even interested fans can't get an official updated schedule.

I also heard rumors about an away scrimmage anyone have word on this?

Exhibition game now a scrimmage do to lack of man power at UA

Wilson out with his knee

Iati probable but questionable with his shoulder

Wyatt (surprise) injured

Pipikis injured

Only 3 healthy scholarship players- boy the 6 we have coming next year look real good

Left to play:

Iati ?

Levine

Martin

Hughes

Q - walk on

Johnson - walk on

Cheese - walk on

The trials and tribulations of developing a program we need bodies.

:ph34r::ph34r: