UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Well, the only way to make the tourney is to win the league so pressure is on to continue winning. Next week may be the game.  We'll see.

• Like 1

Short of a total meltdown we'll make the AE tournament. The boys got back really late on Wednesday, practiced yesterday, and I imagine will have a light workout today so I can't imagine we'll see anything too much different than what we saw last Saturday or on Wednesday night.

I do agree with Coach Marr's postgame comment that the team fought hard hard, but couldn't overcome 18 turnovers, giving up a man up goal, and if I recall not only 0-3 on man ups, but I am not sure they even got off a decent shot, and gave up two, count it two long pole goals for Harvard. 

Rather than seeing anything different, I imagine with the only road to the NCAA's winning the AE AQ, the bench will get even shorter and we'll see no changes at all despite repeated mistakes. The time to tinker is long past.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Short of a total meltdown we'll make the AE tournament. The boys got back really late on Wednesday, practiced yesterday, and I imagine will have a light workout today so I can't imagine we'll see anything too much different than what we saw last Saturday or on Wednesday night.

I do agree with Coach Marr's postgame comment that the team fought hard hard, but couldn't overcome 18 turnovers, giving up a man up goal, and if I recall not only 0-3 on man ups, but I am not sure they even got off a decent shot, and gave up two, count it two long pole goals for Harvard. 

Rather than seeing anything different, I imagine with the only road to the NCAA's winning the AE AQ, the bench will get even shorter and we'll see no changes at all despite repeated mistakes. The time to tinker is long past.

Excellent post. Right-on all three paragraphs, especially "The time to tinker is long past." This team has been tinkering since fall ball; when I came away with the expectation that it was going to be a trying year. Coach insisted that this would NOT be a rebuilding year; and he got me convinced. I got really optimistic and maybe overly positive (as you probably noticed in my posts this season.) The team plays hard and competes and except for Umass fights to the end always. But they make too many mistakes, have  inconsistent performance in ALL aspects and it seems they play hoping not to lose, rather than confidant to win.

So I guess. at this point I'm "hopeful" that they can put it all together and win home field advantage and the AmEast tournament. HOPEFUL YES, confidant barely .

5 hours ago, dslyank said:

Excellent post. Right-on all three paragraphs, especially "The time to tinker is long past." This team has been tinkering since fall ball; when I came away with the expectation that it was going to be a trying year. Coach insisted that this would NOT be a rebuilding year; and he got me convinced. I got really optimistic and maybe overly positive (as you probably noticed in my posts this season.) The team plays hard and competes and except for Umass fights to the end always. But they make too many mistakes, have  inconsistent performance in ALL aspects and it seems they play hoping not to lose, rather than confidant to win.

So I guess. at this point I'm "hopeful" that they can put it all together and win home field advantage and the AmEast tournament. HOPEFUL YES, confidant barely .

I agree. Coach's job is to me optimistic and try to convince everyone else to be too!   This is incredibly right on:  "But they make too many mistakes, have  inconsistent performance in ALL aspects and it seems they play hoping not to lose, rather than confidant to win."

After all of my negative comments I also did say the 18 turnover is impossible to overcome.  not sure why we always play terrible mid-week BUT that is something that we MUSt overcome!  I hope Jone's hyperextended knee is 100% this week.  I wish there were some changes at wing, I really do.  Aggressive yes, BUT we need guys to actually get the ground balls.

I'm not sure when the mid-week problems started. I know we are talking apples and oranges (last years team and this year); but last year cw & I  went to Umass midweek and watched UA TOTALLY dominate a very good Umass team [UMass went on to win 7 or 8 straight after that dismantelling.] It may have been the best game UA played last year. 

2 hours ago, dslyank said:

I'm not sure when the mid-week problems started. I know we are talking apples and oranges (last years team and this year); but last year cw & I  went to Umass midweek and watched UA TOTALLY dominate a very good Umass team [UMass went on to win 7 or 8 straight after that dismantelling.] It may have been the best game UA played last year. 

Well yes you are correct for last year BUT in previous years we did have the same issue!  It seems to have been going one for e while.  It was mentioned in the press as I recall, even last year, when we had three games in a week more than once.  Marr thought it was good to get ready for the tourney.

Terrible slides - 16 turnovers AGAIN. At least 5 on passes to nobody - never-never land I guess.  Same guys getting beat inside AND from the edge for scores, same guys BAD slides.

Official were absolutely AWFUL!!!  One sided calls and they almost led to a brawl at the end - it was on the refs, no question!    Worse I have seen - I hope coach tells the league not to send them to Albany again!!!

• Like 2

Pretty much sums it up. At least I could feel  my toes at this one.

Bottom line this is more of reset than I thought it would be and we are an above average team. To not be able to put away the bottom feeders of the AE isn't something to hang our hat on. I realize that  UA is always going to get everyone's best punch, but just good enough to win.

I want to see the replay of Tehoka's hit. I didn't have a great view, but it looked clean, and he could have killed the guy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I want to see the replay of Tehoka's hit. I didn't have a great view, but it looked clean, and he could have killed the guy.

It's at about 1 39 - 1 41 on the game replay. I thought he hit him on the arm/shoulder, shouldn't have been targeting. He did take a couple of steps toward him, could've called charging (if that's a penalty in lax) or a cross-check, but the hit wasn't up by the head.

Wasn't any replay on the final melee, but Tehoka must've gotten a penalty for being the third (or 4th or 5th) man in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

It's at about 1 39 - 1 41 on the game replay. I thought he hit him on the arm/shoulder, shouldn't have been targeting. He did take a couple of steps toward him, could've called charging (if that's a penalty in lax) or a cross-check, but the hit wasn't up by the head.

Wasn't any replay on the final melee, but Tehoka must've gotten a penalty for being the third (or 4th or 5th) man in.

No is was Burgmaster I think

Box score

00:01 HARTFORD 30-Joseph Bretz 1:00 SLASHING
00:01 HARTFORD 1-Dylan Jinks 1:00 UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT
00:01 UALBANY 1-NANTICOKE,Tehoka 1:00 UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT
00:01 UALBANY 38-ECCLES,Sean 1:00 UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT

Earlier penalty 11:42 UALBANY 1-NANTICOKE,Tehoka 2:00 PP TARGETING HEAD/NECK but I don't think he was anywhere near the head