UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Win or go home on Thursday.

We know UVM is going to come off the bus in a zone defense.  In the losses against UVM and Stony Brook,  we had what looked like a comfortable lead and every time we could have shut the door we failed. We came off the bus at Stony Brook without a lot of passion and gave up ten in the first half. The 2019 Danes don't have any margin for error.

I wonder what the offensive mix will look like on Thursday? Jones had a tough outing against UVM last time how do we address that on Thursday?

2018, Very early on you stated brook was a very good team. I was skeptical; you were RIGHT. In the vermont game, UA pretty much gave them the game. brook pretty much took the game from UA. So to me it is pretty obvious:  Play with PASSION {missing @ brook} and without the errors {numerous @ vt.} If you noticed the box score from brook, UA won most of the statistical categories except face-offs [won ground balls, clears, shots, less turnovers.] 

IMHO UA is still far superior to either brook or vt. Can they play with passion and boise?? I do not know; they have simply been a mystery to me all year. They obviously have issues @ the X; but so have they had for years (minus TD.) D has been excellent @ times, but seems to break down over time and over long and too many defensive possessions. The O seems to struggle against zones. Both of these imho are the result of the shot clock. To me the answer is obvious:  Get back to traditional UA LACROSSE. Ignore the clock, push the pace, two way middies, attacks attack, aggressive D that GETS the ball. Maybe it is too late for this and I''m not the coach, so what do I know??

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, dslyank said:

2018, Very early on you stated brook was a very good team. I was skeptical; you were RIGHT. In the vermont game, UA pretty much gave them the game. brook pretty much took the game from UA. So to me it is pretty obvious:  Play with PASSION {missing @ brook} and without the errors {numerous @ vt.} If you noticed the box score from brook, UA won most of the statistical categories except face-offs [won ground balls, clears, shots, less turnovers.] 

IMHO UA is still far superior to either brook or vt. Can they play with passion and boise?? I do not know; they have simply been a mystery to me all year. They obviously have issues @ the X; but so have they had for years (minus TD.) D has been excellent @ times, but seems to break down over time and over long and too many defensive possessions. The O seems to struggle against zones. Both of these imho are the result of the shot clock. To me the answer is obvious:  Get back to traditional UA LACROSSE. Ignore the clock, push the pace, two way middies, attacks attack, aggressive D that GETS the ball. Maybe it is too late for this and I''m not the coach, so what do I know??

Your recipe for success is a good as any for sure, especially the defense not letting possessions getting deep into the shot clock. The start at Stony Brook really surprised me, especially after we got the first goal. I forget about Marr's show on the radio and would have loved to have heard what he had to say, and 104.5 doesn't seem to archive most of the interviews.

5 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Your recipe for success is a good as any for sure, especially the defense not letting possessions getting deep into the shot clock. The start at Stony Brook really surprised me, especially after we got the first goal. I forget about Marr's show on the radio and would have loved to have heard what he had to say, and 104.5 doesn't seem to archive most of the interviews.

Fan2018 I agree as always.  Against VT and Brook we had Long Pole BEHIND the next - got beat on the corner all the time, one step is all it takes [like they have all year].  They seem to be unaware that VT and SB would take those shots - dumbfounding really.   Against Yale they were covering from the front of the crease.  I like that better.  On Offense we just do not have a dodger like Connor.  I thought Jacob could do it AND he did in several games, but the last couple he has not made the effort to dodge and get inside.  Don't understand it.  Instead they make stupid passes and turn the ball over.  Gun shy right now I think.

The FO has been a huge problem all year.  LEAVE Jonesy  in there and let him scrum.  At least the wings have a better shot to get the ground ball.  The LS at FO has not been successful. 

• Like 1

Offensive Player of the Year
Jakob Patterson, Jr., Attackman, UAlbany

• Third-straight Great Dane to earn Offensive Player of the Year honors.
  • Leads the conference in points per game (4.2 ppg), is second in assists (2.3 apg) and ninth in goals per game (1.9 gpg).  
  • Has totaled 54 points on 24 goals and 30 assists this season.
  • Three-time America East Offensive Player of the Week this season.
  • A first-team All-Conference choice.

Complete Awards Listing

• Like 2

https://www.collegecrosse.com/2019/5/1/18525632/2019-mens-lacrosse-conference-tournament-primer-america-east-stony-brook-vermont-albany-umbc-lax

Really can't disagree with any of this.

Somehow have to get the transition offense going. Our set offense just isn't dynamic, and don't seem to have zone busters.

• Like 1

Not sure exactly where to post this;  but whatever happened to AmericaEast TV being ON the ESPN family of networks??

I know there was a blog thread going when it was announced that most/alot of AmEast was being moved from ESPN3/U to ESPN+. Anyhow, I ponied up my $4.99 per month and good% of AmEast games including today's semi-finals are and have not been on the espn family. Crucial games vs vt and brook were not on while minor games like hartford vs bingo were???????

I do not follow the AmEast blog. Anyone who does; notice any conversation about this ESPN "breach" of contract?

3 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

https://www.collegecrosse.com/2019/5/1/18525632/2019-mens-lacrosse-conference-tournament-primer-america-east-stony-brook-vermont-albany-umbc-lax

Really can't disagree with any of this.

Somehow have to get the transition offense going. Our set offense just isn't dynamic, and don't seem to have zone busters.

Yep.  No real dodger.  The real Jacob has to show up!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dslyank said:

Not sure exactly where to post this;  but whatever happened to AmericaEast TV being ON the ESPN family of networks??

I know there was a blog thread going when it was announced that most/alot of AmEast was being moved from ESPN3/U to ESPN+. Anyhow, I ponied up my $4.99 per month and good% of AmEast games including today's semi-finals are and have not been on the espn family. Crucial games vs vt and brook were not on while minor games like hartford vs bingo were???????

I do not follow the AmEast blog. Anyone who does; notice any conversation about this ESPN "breach" of contract?

Are you complaining that the Conference is streaming games for free?

15 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Is today's game pushed back. Was suppose to start at 4:30?  Maybe women running long. No announcement on AmEast TV. Very unprofessional.

Don't know but it is annoying as hell!!!

Shows 5 PM on the AmEast Portal.

Edited by HOF2013