UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Tell me more about Coach Joe Davis

I don’t know much about him except he coached at Northern Iowa and then at Fordham before coming to Albany.  That said, he’s done a great job with the offense - yes, he has a better quarterback to work with but you can see that there’s a plan and he’s doing it well.

They’re running the RPO really well and using a lot of check with me to change plays - keeps defenders from stacking the box so there are running lanes for Mofor and James.  Utilizing the entire field with the passing game - sideline routes, seam routes...  this is probably premature but I feel like our offense will keep us in some games and give us a chance to win one or two where we’re underdogs.

I’d like to see more info on him (we’ve seen all the info on coaches who played in the NFL, we know a lot about Coach Sweeney...) but Coach Davis has won FCS playoff games.

Edited by reeder

He's the same guy that last year refused to ever do anything over the middle of the field, no slants just screens and ineffective long bombs. That being said, he seems pretty highly touted coming here, was a bit of a QB whisperer if I recall. Hard to argue right now with the results this year with a QB who is beyond green. 

Offense isn't our problem but agree with the above, why only 4-5 plays over the middle each game? Some teams and some QBs, even in the NFL, make a living of dinking and dunking over the middle. I think I've counted like 10 plays and us being able to get 9-10 yards on 9 of them. It's super successful yet we ignore it.

Imagine our offense if we utilized all parts of the field? STUPENDOUS!

Maybe it's just me but I feel like throws over the middle are just low hanging fruit/high percentage...it's like a layup in basketball. Sure you might miss a handful, but you'll make 75-80% of them.