UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

WLAX - Game 13 Apr 8 (Sat) 5:00 PM Albany, NY John Fallon Field (The #2 Ranked WLAX Team comes to town)

You said, "How do I get to see some of the best WLAX available?"  The answer: Northweste, from the Big10 and ranked #2, comes to John Fallson Field for a late afternoon start.

Apr 8 (Sat) 5:00 PM

vs 
Albany, N.Y. John Fallon Field

Edited by cwdickens
correction

12 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

Women lose 21-11. Were only down 8-6 with 2 minutes left in the first half 

Like the Men, you want to play with the biggies, you got to have the horses, jockeys & the owners. UA no longer appears to have any of this any more {and I'm speaking UA sports overall.}

IMHO no such thing as "moral victories."  Not much difference getting smashed or keeping it close when playing UP. Still a loss; and often the physicality of playing UP has a toll both physically & mentally?

ALL thoughts opinions WELCOMED.

On 4/9/2023 at 8:31 AM, dslyank said:

Like the Men, you want to play with the biggies, you got to have the horses, jockeys & the owners. UA no longer appears to have any of this any more {and I'm speaking UA sports overall.}

IMHO no such thing as "moral victories."  Not much difference getting smashed or keeping it close when playing UP. Still a loss; and often the physicality of playing UP has a toll both physically & mentally?

ALL thoughts opinions WELCOMED.

Why should UAlbany teams just compete against teams in their comfort zone?  No matter what the sport, playing against BIG10, the ACC or other power conference team, in particular, at home is a good thing even if the result is not a win.

3 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Why should UAlbany teams just compete against teams in their comfort zone?  No matter what the sport, playing against BIG10, the ACC or other power conference team, in particular, at home is a good thing even if the result is not a win.

OK. I absolutely agree playing GOOD teams can be a very good thing. But just asking when is too much? I recently asked the same question in the men’s lax thread:  at what point do the negatives out weigh the positives?

Basically a team plays UP for three reasons; to get BETTER; as a revenue source and as a recruiting tool. Just seems to me, lately none of these objectives are being met at UA. Pretty much everyone agrees the state of UA athletics over all has hit the pits. So I’ve been wondering and have asked for thoughts & opinions at what point should UA perhaps benefit from cutting back their aggressive schedules.  Getting beat up physically & mentally does not seem to be working???

ps the 3 top teams in the AmEast all have played a far weaker OOC, yet they (especially Vt) seem to have their way with UA of late. 

18 hours ago, dslyank said:

OK. I absolutely agree playing GOOD teams can be a very good thing. But just asking when is too much? I recently asked the same question in the men’s lax thread:  at what point do the negatives out weigh the positives?

Basically a team plays UP for three reasons; to get BETTER; as a revenue source and as a recruiting tool. Just seems to me, lately none of these objectives are being met at UA. Pretty much everyone agrees the state of UA athletics over all has hit the pits. So I’ve been wondering and have asked for thoughts & opinions at what point should UA perhaps benefit from cutting back their aggressive schedules.  Getting beat up physically & mentally does not seem to be working???

ps the 3 top teams in the AmEast all have played a far weaker OOC, yet they (especially Vt) seem to have their way with UA of late. 

As I said to another Big Purple Fans blogger at the UAlbany - Northwestern WLAX game, 'We "happiest" when we have something to gripe about."  Perhaps, you should show up at the Softball game against Syracuse and protest or as I will do come for the pure joy of being able to watch our team play, win or lose. Sometimes, you have to put some things aside.

Edited by cwdickens
clarification

clarification back:  Don't think I am gripping, or at least do not mean to be. Just asking for thoughts and opinions from others, when does the disadvantages of playing an aggressive UP schedule start to out weight the advantages. I have NOT really expressed an opinion, since I do not have an answer and my ONLY comment was/is, in UA's case IMHO playing UP has NOT seemed to be a benefit of late???

Just seeking some thoughts and opinions. Not complaining & I really have no agenda in asking the question, nor any power to bring about change even if I did have a solution {which I obviously don't.}

• Thanks 1

• cwdickens changed the title to WLAX - Game 13 Apr 8 (Sat) 5:00 PM Albany, NY John Fallon Field (The #2 Ranked WLAX Team comes to town)