UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MLAX - NCAA Tournament - Championship Weekend May 27 (Sat) 12:00 PM & 2:30 PM Philadelphia, PA Lincoln Financial Field

May 27 (Sat) 12 p.m.

#1 Duke

vs 
Philadelphia, Pa. Lincoln Financial Field
TV: ESPN2

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29t
Edited by cwdickens

Penn St got robbed big time. Winning goal by Duke in OT the refs blew the call on an obvious crease violation. Great game otherwise, but boy did they get that wrong. 

Edited by jimbo
  • Thanks 1

Notre Dame is D1 champs..... no sadness for Duke and no elation for the Irish.  

If I heard correctly, attendance between 32,000 and 33,000, which is way off from its peak of +/- 42,000.  There was a time that Inside Lacrosse felt 50,000 in the stands was possible. I think those days are over.  While there are many more opportunities to play at different stages for boys and girls, the sport remains are niche sport and truly not yet mainline. 

The PLL has been relentless in their attempts to make contact about purchasing tickets for this weekend., just other priorities at the moment.

It was a terrific game. Quite happy for the Irish, especially their head coach. Their goalie was superb and their grit was evident. Even my wife, not  a lax fan, was caught up in the game.  Albany was mentioned a few times in reference to the PLL kickoff weekend. 

The game had its moments.... however; what this weekend and the tournament overall demonstrated what is apparent in all Division One sports, the schools with the resources, money and other intangibles dominate and then there is everyone else.

I am certain Albany was mentioned, the announcers are the heart and soul of Inside Lacrosse.