UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

$iena contract

From the Fox23 site:

Siena, UAlbany Hoops To Meet Again

The Siena and UAlbany basketball programs have called a press conference for Tuesday to extend their annual hoop meetings at the Pepsi.

The University at Albany's Athletic Director Lee McElroy saying the schools are in discussions to renew a contract that expires this year.

Sources told FOX23 Thursday that the plan is to extend for another three years.

The initial contract was for three meetings with an option for a fourth season.  This year's meeting between the two schools is the option year.

In other news at UAlbany, the school will begin construction of a new basketball floor in the RACC starting the first week of September.  The project cannot be started until the Giants leave training camp.

Somebody find a knob from the bathroom that says 'PRESS' and go as the media rep of bigpurplefans.com (Journalism 101, Stooges division). - UAalum72

alum72 - pretty damn good idea.

Seriously, wouldn't it be great if we had a board member given press privileges by the school so that this site could be represented at all major events. Of course they would be obligated to report on this board. I think it would do wonders for this site and be beneficial to UA Athletics.

I am sure that atleast one or two of our posters would have the time on their hands to handle or share such a situation.

Here's some more food for thought......

We could probably get most of the other posters to chip in for Purple and Gold windbreakers with the UA Logo on the front and bigpurplefans.com on the back, for our "Press" representatives. This might really peak the interest of others fans and get more people involved in the site.

I may be way off base here but I don't think they keep everyone but press out of things like the one at the Pepsi. They just don't notify anyone else. I'd imaginie if Statefan got into the first press conference he can get into this one-unless he's wearing his Albany shirt at the Pepsi in which case they probably will throw him out.

Agree it'd be nice to have a BPF reporter to have stories to go with UAlum72's photos.

I love the idea for the Windbreakers. LadyDP had an idea a while ago for a shirt. It'd was the Dunking Dane on a surfboard and it would say something like "surfing the net with Danes fan at www.bigpurplefans.com.