Photo

[MBB] Game #9: 12/2/17 - 7:00pm - vs Columbia

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 Eli

Eli

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:14 PM

They also mentioned the refs name on the broadcast. I forgot it already, but I'm hoping someone caught it so we can trash talk him by name if he is in SEFCU again

Missed this comment earlier lol.

The refs were: 

Douglas Hopper, Casey Kett, Anthony Burris

Google images didn't yield anything as to which one was the bald guy. 

GO DANES!!!

#62 UAalum72

UAalum72

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,000 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 02:50 PM

We were near the bottom in blocks last year too.

I think John Wooden said blocks are a result of making up for defensive mistakes

#63 Clickclack

Clickclack

BPF Bracket Challenge Winner

• Big Purple Fans
  • 10,918 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:00 PM

We were near the bottom in blocks last year too.

I think John Wooden said blocks are a result of making up for defensive mistakes

Vermont also doesn't block many shots...but they don't give up 57% from inside the arc and thus are ranked 87th in the country on defense. It starts with stopping guard penetration. 

#64 Patch

Patch

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 2,998 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:15 PM

I believe Devonte is an excellent perimeter defender but his teammates on the perimeter at times are suspect therefore we give up too much penetration and put our Bigs in defensive predicaments.

#65 Phoenix

Phoenix

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:35 AM

Us not blocking shots is nothing new. Just not a part of a Coach Brown defense. Since his first full season as HC in 02-03..we've never even been in the top 200 nationally in blocked shot rate. Over the past four seasons..this year included.. we've been 347, 326, 345 and 332. My guess is that's both personnel and strategy..which are then related to themselves. More shot block attempts tend to lead to more offensive rebounds for the opponent. Given that..we've been top 50 nationally in defensive rebound rate each year since 2012-13..this year included.

All that being said..perimeter defense..especially stopping penetration..has certainly been an issue this year.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users