UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Boston U

I'm glad you mentioned Watts. That was his best game so far and we're going to need him to keep improving. He looks more confident every time out there. He made a nice pass to Ambrose on the one fast break where I thought he was going to drive to the hoop and pick up a charge.

I could not find the stats last night but saw them this morning. BU shot almost 20 more free throws than we did. Pretty amazing for a team that jacks up as many threes as they do and on the road as well.

In a lot of ways I thought we took ourselves out of our offense in that second half. Seemed like we became preoccupied with taking a shot in the last 10 seconds of the shot clock instead of the first good shot the offense produced. I saw a couple guys pass up shots they would have taken in the first half to pass the ball around more. Then we were forced to create off the dribble late in the shot clock.

I really hope this team doesn't start feeling sorry for itself. Too much season left and a lot of very winnable games coming up.

McGuire's column on our need for a pest UAlbany needs provocateur

Danes falter in 2nd half - Game story

I really hope this team doesn't start feeling sorry for itself. Too much season left and a lot of very winnable games coming up.

It's worth remembering that UVM, BUMA and Maine are the top teams in the league this year.

Strange to think the smart play would've been more Watts last night. I thought the same thing myself, but during the game, you are willing Logan to get hot so you want him out there. Very tough balancing act for Will find the right combo with team struggling.

Somehow we need Puk to be more than a first 10 minutes guy.

And I think we learned this offense, like most offenses, needs to stay on attack. BU is not UConn, we don't need to try and steal clock from them, we have enough talent to push leads. Hopefully we don't blow too many more.. it's becoming habitual.

http://pagn.wordpress.com/2011/01/16/protect-this-house/

If fingers are going to be pointed, I think you have to look first at CB and the point guards. Given the nature of these losses (2nd half meltdowns) there is an obvious issue with game management and inter-game adjustments. While I do commend CB for his overall body of work this season, specifically in handling this very young team, his inter-game decisions often puzzle me.

As for the point guards, it's clear we need Mike Black the scorer more than we need Mike Black the true pg. I think his ability to create and score by himself is under rated and under utilized, especially given the fact that Logan has vanished. My thoughts: when Black is in the game he and ambrose should be the first priorities on essentially every offensive possession. Let Watts play the role of the "passer" or "true point guard". His play is improving each game, but I don't see him as a legit/consistent scoring threat anytime soon.

Archived