UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

1 hour ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Interesting.  He was originally the started at Montana...

I just went a looked at all of his tweets and his Hudl videos.  You are correct.  Their coach left so I guess he was allowed to leave.

20 hours ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Interesting.  He was originally the started at Montana...

I just went a looked at all of his tweets and his Hudl videos.  You are correct.  Their coach left so I guess he was allowed to leave.

Samuel Bryant, Tucker, GA  ASA College, NY,  RB 5' 9" 185, 4.34 40,   https://www.hudl.com/profile/9665667/Samuel-Bryant   http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/samuel-bryant/9o3SmiRHEeS00gAmVebEWg/gendersport/football-stats.htm

Edited by HOF2013

Noah Jones Wilmette, Ill, WR 6' 2" 190 lbs, 4.58 40,  https://twitter.com/noahjonez?lang=en    http://www.hudl.com/profile/5217284/Noah-Jones

Has a lot of offers, many Ivy League, including a couple of FBS schools

Edited by HOF2013

15 minutes ago, haggyland said:

Being able to throw the ball is not necessary.

Requirements include being willing to kick and to play defense.

#SussmanForMVP2018

MVP = most versatile player ??

Edited by Eli

Yes we are oversized on the D Line - their speed and quickness idea isn't working anymore!!  As far as recruits, there are a couple of lineman committed but we need maybe 4 a year for a couple of years.  I think schools wait on the big guys up front and try to sign skilled position players first.  That's what it looks like after watching recruiting and offers for a couple of years.  Maybe they should focus on a couple of KEY big guys. 

They did offer several lineman who signed with other schools.  Looking at the top 25 recruits in the CAA MOST are skilled position players with 8 linemen mixed in, both O line and D line.  Our commitments from the top 25 are NOT Lineman.

There are a few lineman who coaches are 'watching' who may end up as signed players on early NLI day.  Couple of NY State guys. FCS schools can actually have a total of 85 scholarships just like FBS schools BUT they can only have 63 full scholarships.  They can break them into parts to get to that 85 total.  It makes sense to recruit NY State guys because of the 'free' tuition IF THEY ARE AS GOOD as out of state players at any position.  Qualifying family income will increase to a combined $125K next year I THINK, not positive though. It can be a big time headache recruiting guys keeping in mind the scholarships situation.  Of course walk-ons who pay their own way help the situation if they are good enough to play.   

Edited by HOF2013