UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany Football Game 1 Saturday, August 31, 2024 7:00 PM vs LIU Sharks Bob Ford Field at Tom & Mary Casey Stadium

Coach’s show on MY4 at 11:30 am Saturday. You can find WNYA My4 Albany on channel 4 on Time Warner Cable and Verizon FiOS, channel 51.1 over the air and on DirecTV and Dish Network, channel 9 on Mid-Hudson Cable and channel 5 on Comcast.

Follow this with a look at next week’s opponent West Virginia vs Penn State at noon on Fox

• Thanks 1

The weather forecast from NWS, Albany for:

Saturday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms between 8am and 2pm, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 77. Chance of precipitation is 70%

Saturday Night: Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 8pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms between 8pm and 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 64. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

While the forecast could improve, I am not counting on a significant change.  Why, it is UAlbany.

On 8/28/2024 at 11:14 AM, cwdickens said:

The weather forecast from NWS, Albany for:

Saturday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms between 8am and 2pm, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 77. Chance of precipitation is 70%

Saturday Night: Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 8pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms between 8pm and 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 64. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

While the forecast could improve, I am not counting on a significant change.  Why, it is UAlbany.

The forecast has not improved....

Saturday
A slight chance of showers between 10am and 2pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 77. South wind 7 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Saturday Night
Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 2am, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2am. Cloudy, with a low around 67. South wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Thoughts on the depth chart

1.  Jacari Carter isn’t listed on the two deep at WR. He was rated as the most impactful FCS transfer by FCS football central.  I did hear Coach Gattuso say that he had a late start because of some paperwork but surprised he’s not on the two deep.

2. Erv Wiggins is starting at Cornerback.  I don’t remember the last true freshman got a start but this is impressive.

3.  Brad Igweike isn’t listed on the two deep.  He’s had a very good careeer - thought he might start at CB this year.  Maybe he’s injured?

4. Neco Eberhardt isn't listed on the two deep.  I thought he was the top returning defensive lineman. There are a lot of transfers so maybe there’s just a lot of new talent.

5.  Opalko listed as starting place kicker although we only had 2 touchbacks all last year (Opalko didn’t have any) and had the worst net kickoffs in the conference.   Bozek (the transfer) had 14 touchbacks.  

6.  We have the best set of returners that I remember with McGee, Cooley and Carter.

7.  Jahlil Johnson no longer on roster.  He started a game or two at linebacker last year, I thought he’d be a starter this year. 

But who knows, I’m sure there will be a lot of movement over the first few weeks.

Edited by reeder

Football Gameday Parking Moved to Dutch Lot
Saturday, August 31

University Parking Notice

The University has made the decision to implement the secondary parking setup for this Saturday’s football home opener. With the adjustment, Dutch Lot will now become the official gameday parking for all fans who do not have season parking passes for the Broadview Lot. All pre-purchased season and single game Grass Lot digital parking passes are valid for Dutch Lot for Saturday’s game against LIU.

Game Information
Broadview and Dutch Lots open at 3 PM
Gates to Casey Stadium open at 6 PM
WEAR BLACK!

For any questions, please contact the UAlbany Ticket Office by phone at (518) 442-DANE or by email at GreatDaneTicket@albany.edu

3 hours ago, reeder said:

1.  Jacari Carter isn’t listed on the two deep at WR. He was rated as the most impactful FCS transfer by FCS football central.  I did hear Coach Gattuso say that he had a late start because of some paperwork but surprised he’s not on the two deep.

2. Erv Wiggins is starting at Cornerback.  I don’t remember the last true freshman got a start but this is impressive.

3.  Brad Igweike isn’t listed on the two deep.  He’s had a very good careeer - thought he might start at CB this year.  Maybe he’s injured?

4. Neco Eberhardt isn't listed on the two deep.  I thought he was the top returning defensive lineman. There are a lot of transfers so maybe there’s just a lot of new talent.

5.  Opalko listed as starting place kicker although we only had 2 touchbacks all last year (Opalko didn’t have any) and had the worst net kickoffs in the conference.   Bozek (the transfer) had 14 touchbacks.  

6.  We have the best set of returners that I remember with McGee, Cooley and Carter.

7.  Jahlil Johnson no longer on roster.  He started a game or two at linebacker last year, I thought he’d be a starter this year. 

But who knows, I’m sure there will be a lot of movement over the first few weeks.

Maybe Opalko will onldo FGs and PATs.

11 minutes ago, alum73 said:

Maybe Opalko will onldo FGs and PATs.

The other kickers may be better. we'll see how this plays out.

Wait until you see >> these guys kick>>>  Owen Lawson and Dove Eitzen and James Bozek

Edited by HOF2013

9 hours ago, Dane96 said:

You will see 11 and 9 a LOT.  9 will be the starter eventually. He missed 2 weeks of training.  He is the fastest of all of them.  Actually mostly plays opposite Iuliano - at least in practice.  The thing I like about the DL is the complete attacking of the O Line.  Just driving them.

Also Neco Eberhardt is either not in shape or ........................doggin' it.    AND there is always someone better. 

Dillon Dunathan  [freshman] is the real deal

Thomas Joe-Kamara [Monmouth transfer] is a stud

A LOT of Defensive transfers joined the team.  They are ALL players - hitters.  Have to continue to become family and jell.   

Ghassan Chehade has been an absolute monster in practice - earned the right to wear #8 - NO question.

Edited by HOF2013

4 hours ago, reeder said:

You'll see Carter - remember he played down a level - there is always someone better.  

Chance Roberts is [or will be] a starter [he did miss two weeks with a minor injury but looking really good] been working with first group on and off all week....> but who knows. There are a couple of lineman who have been rotating in a lot.

John Dodaro #45 Fb is a stud of a blocker.  You WILL see him.......

Edited by HOF2013