UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Open Scrimmage - 10AM Saturday

I also attended the scrimmage and would agree with Dane Pounds starting five. There will be a lot of room to work with matchups. Coach Brown will have to earn his pay this year as there is nearly an infinite number of combinations to put on the floor.

It was great fun to watch the scrimmage and not be able to keep up with all the new/different guys on the floor.

I was most impressed with Jordan. Strong player that will create difficulty for many teams in the America East. Shot looked smooth and can definitively go strong to the basket.

Levine and Wilson also looked good.

Another point already expressed is the three point shooting. This team will have open looks from 3. Can't wait for the season to begin.

Just think if you have to concentrate on Jordan and you have to concentrate on Jamar. that's going to leave alot of open looks for Iati, Levi, Perry and B. Wilson.

And if Zoellner is played one on one I think he'll be a very effective player and a monster on the boards.

For the first time since entering the AE opposing coaches are going to have to prepare to play the Danes.

alumni '92'

Dyson is a big kid, but i'd be surprised to see him in the starting lineup for 11/19 or 11/23 - a'92'

I like you feel Dyson will not be a starter early in the season or for that matter anytime this season unless injuries enter the picture.

Dyson will have the benefit of not be forced to play big minutes every game like our previous frosh.

I do feel he will be a productive player this year for the Danes and will develop into a very good player at this level.

Size is very hard to get at the lower DI level and Dyson has excellent size and seems to have good ability.

One important thing I left out before was saying what a terrific idea the open scrimmage was. Several people I talked with at the football game agreed that it was a fantastic opportunity to see the new players and how the veterans have developed. The whole thing was well done and fan friendly. I had hoped there would be more people there but there were certainly enough there to warrant holding the event.

By no means did Dyson look bad. As Brown pointed out those open floor scrimmages are hard to evaluate what the post players can do when the guards are taking alot of shots. Dyson would have started last year and had some nice moves around the hoop with Zoellner guarding him. If he gets the ball consistently and figures out how good he can be he will be alot of trouble for other teams.

As expected Zoellner sucked up a bunch of rebounds. Brown said he wouldn't be surprised if Zoellner averaged around double digits in rebounds.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Brian Lillis get some playing time. He impressed me with his leaping ability and smarts. Because of his leaping ability and quickness, he could easily play the small forward spot in an up tempo game. He could also fill in at a guard spot if needed; he handled the ball well when bringing it upcourt and quickly spotted the open man. Always seemed to have a good sense of what to do and where to be. Of course a scrimmage game with familiar players and all teammates is a lot different pressure-wise than playing for real against players you don't know.

guessed on an earlier post ...

J. Wilson (a fully healed iati will find his minutes)

L. Jordan

B. Perry (so the jc stats suggest)

L. Levine (might not be where he wants, but it may mean significant PT)

K. Zoellner

not having known anything about Perry ... still only a guess, i'm a baseball guy, but i'd now lean toward the five listed by DP ...

Edited by alumni '92'

I do feel he will be a productive player this year for the Danes and will develop into a very good player at this level.  - Patch

i agree completely, and that UA is fortunate to get his size at our level ... there had been numerous posts made here, ahead of his arrival, that he would be a starter and have a major impact early ... time will tell ... for now i'll guess the five listed above

Black team was: St. Hillaire, Iati, J. Wilson, Perry, Bauman, Zoellner, and Wyatt.

White team was: Jordan, B. Wilson, Lillis, Knotts, Levine, , Johnson, and Dyson.

I think my recollection is correct. Don't recall which team MacCalla played on.