UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Preseason NIT

From Fox News:

UAlbany Working On Preseason NIT At Florida

The UAlbany Great Danes are close to playing in the preseason NIT next season at Florida.

A contract is under review that would pit the Danes, the Gators and two other teams in a tournament that lands the winner at Madison Square Garden.

Albany hopes to finalize the deal in the next month.

Also, UAlbany is planning a bid to host the America East Championships in 2006. The deadline for bids is April. This season, the tournament is being held at Binghamton.

This would be great exposure for the program. I doubt we would make it on ESPN, but you never know. I guess a lot of it depends on how highly ranked the Gators are ranked next year in the preseason.

Aren't we also recruiting that swingman from Florida??? If he finds out we are playing them, that might sway his decision to come play for us.

Aren't we also recruiting that swingman from Florida??? If he finds out we are playing them, that might sway his decision to come play for us.

I don't know that UA is recruiting him for sure but I saw it mentioned. His name is Brian Hoff and he was on ESPN2 last night. He nailed a couple of 3s and was in double digits the last I heard against one of the better prep schools in the country. The announcers talked about what a great student he is.

In the 2004 NIT, there were three first-round games on ESPN2 (one on FSNY). Of the three on ESPN2, one was @Arizona, one was @Wake Forest, and the other (somewhat surprisingly) was @Providence.

So, if Florida is one of the "marquee" schools then there is a chance of getting on The Deuce.

Florida is a long way from its Final Four days of a few years back, though. A lot would depend on how good they're slated to be, in comparison to the two or three other big-name schools that usually play.

(Don't get me wrong, Florida is still Florida, but if you throw them in a mix with Arizona, Wake and another top-25 or borderline top-25 team, they probably get the No. 4 seed in that grouping).

as a big Vols fans...nothing would suite me better then to have the Danes go into Gator Country and possibly strike some fear into them. I love that idea. Florida, and didnt one of you guys here about a potential UCLA game?

In my opinion, Florida should be ranked in the preseason Top 25 next year. They return all-conference performers -- senior guards Anthony Roberson and Matt Walsh, who combine for 31 points per game this year. Also, guard Corey Brewer will probably be up for SEC Rookie of the Year honors. The Gators only lose David Lee (12.5 ppg, 8.1 rpg), who is probably one of the better small forwards in the country.

Considering the guards are the strength of our team, this should be an exciting early season matchup and a game which could end up with a shocking outcome.