UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

4 Things-2 OT

1. I was very happy with the outcome of the Schenectady-CBA game. Wish I could have made it down to the Pepsi. I thought there would be a huge CBA crowd down there and was glad to hear the Schenectady players say the crowd helped carry them-not such a hostile crowd after all.

2. The NU/BU crowd have brainwashed me against BC. Watching the Notre Dame-BC game last night I was surprised to find myself pulling for Notre Dame. Notre Dame! I don't know what came over me.

3. Cherry-picking. I was talking today about Brian Lillis with someone who watched the Hartford game on TV. He said Lillis was a nice player but he got alot of points cherry picking before the defense got back. I realize it's an old term and not many people use it anymore but doesn't cherry-picking usually mean you don't go back on defense, stay on the offensive end of the court and then get a pass ahead for an easy basket? What Lillis does is play D and then sprint upcourt ahead of the defense. I don't know if that has another name other then "hustle."

4. On the midmajority website they got a letter from an Albany alum. He discusses Albany's improvement and provides a link to the BPF. Pretty good stuff. Mid Majority.

Cherry picking could also be going down on the D end but breaking out ahead of the pack before it's certain your team has the ball ... i.e. a shot goes up and you see your man down there, so you start heading for your offensive end in anticipation of the rebound and outlet pass.

I don't know if that is what he meant, but if it's not, then it was misused like 96 said.

Unfortunately, TV cameras don't show you the entire court. It isolates too much - just a reality of what TV requirements are. Anyone who has watched Lillis in person would never conclude that he was cherry-picking, a term that goes back to my youth (before most if not all of you on this board were born), and it is not meant to be complimentary. Lillis is as intense a defensive player as there is on this team.