UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

CHEERS!!!

Dane96

Just wanted to say...CHEERS FROM LONDON. I just started a 31 day trek of Western Europe....and Prague.

I figure we gripe and talk about sports so much....this is just a different post from far away.

Cant wait to come back to the board every so often as a welcome thought of home.

Keep those UVM fans in check for me....will ya?!

Dane96,

Good trip over there! Enjoy every minute, even the frustrating stuff that will inevitably happen. You will remember many moments very clearly, as I believe you have events on the basketball floor indelibly etched in your memory.

Prague is a very beautiful city and a unique place. Enjoy it!

Been to an Arsenal/Tottenham fixture (match). Great experience but also a little frightening as we were caught between two hostile groups of fans. Had to tell my son to duck down between rows of seats in case things got out of hand.. Fans were threatening each other and jumping over rows of seats to get at one another but never came to blows (The bobbies had been over earlier to warn them). We were in a row between them. The dislike they had for each other was visceral. You could see the veins in their necks bulging as they shouted obscenities and making threatening gestures. As we were leaving the stadium, we saw bobbies collaring some of these very same fans - literally dragging from beneath cars and throwing them into paddy wagons. The fans had apparently taken up the fight in the street after the game.

Earlier in the week we had attended a Chelsea/Sheffield United game. Sheffield fans (visitors) were actually fenced in at one end of the stadium behind chain link fence with barbed wire at the top. Bobbies were lined up on all sides of the fenced in area. The Chelsea fans began shouting and pointing at the Sheffield fans at one point. They shouted "Unemployed" to the fans from the impoverished black country of England. In that game, Vinnie Jones (Chelsea), was yellow carded after just 4 seconds into the match. That must be some sort of record.

Makes our AE and Siena rivalries seem pretty inocuous.