UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

6,000 fans is great but??????? People got to eat

Patch

If UA wants to have fans keep coming back, they have to become fan and family friendly.

At the last game we attracted 6,000 fans and then those same fans had to wait in line for 20-30 minutes to get served at the concession stands. Many disgruntled people opted for the vending machines.

If people have a good time - they come back if they don't - you won't see them anymore. I've seen alot better concessions at local HS football games.

Why not have 4 or 5 concession stands (including one on the opponents side). Chartwells is suppose to be a food service company with a contract with the school, if they can't get the job done or don't want to do the job - we'd be better served getting someone else to tackle(pun intended) the job.

What's going to happen with a single concession stand this winter in the RACC if we are lucky enough to draw crowds of 3000+ for basketball?

Concessions has been a major complaint for years, and as long as Chartwells has the university-wide contract, it seems impossible to get any improvement. Anybody who's ever worked at McDonald's should be able to set up a better system.

The only other thing they've ever done to help was vendors in the aisles, but they don't do it consistently.

I couldn't agree more. I had friends at the game and they vented at me about the concessions. It's really an embarrassment they ay they are handled. It seems like something the administration could fix fairly simply I don't think the athletic dept gets anything from concessions, but we're going to lose ticket revenue if it isn't corrected. This will also be a problem at basketball, co it needs to be addressed ASAP. I assume all you posters who attend games are in varsity club and get the free pregame meals.

As Alum72 said this seems to have been a problem for a long time. You'd think Chartwells or whoever would realize they are losing sales by creating these long lines. Maybe they just get the contract and don't care what happens after that.

I wonder if they'd have any problem with me bringing in my grill and cooler and setting it up. I could probably make a few buck selling hot dogs and sodas for a buck apiece.

The only reason I brought this up is quite a few people are working hard to get recognition for the school as a DI attraction.

When people show up and its not fan friendly they're not excited to come back and the work and efforts of many are wasted and it slows the real growth of our fanbase.

Maybe the school should see if Chartwell's wants to opt out of sporting events in their contract or the administration should start putting some type of pressure on Chartwells.