UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

FH clinches 1st ever AE Tournament Spot

Beat Vermont 2-1 today for their first ever trip to the AE Tournament in FH...congrads to the girls. This, and the new field, THIS PROGRAM IS GONNA JUMP LIKE NO TOMORROW

10107[/snapback]

But will anybody know? The Times-Useless put the FH line score under 'Womens' Soccer' :angry:

Boston U beat Maine today, so Albany is the #3 seed vs. Maine in Boston.

They have. Even though there were no bleachers there was a pretty good crowd. All lined up on the fence on the west side of the field. I saw most of the second half. Both fields look finished now. They are really beautiful. The seating and scoreboards are not finished abd there is some general cleanup left.

In addition to the boost of confidence from their new, high-class field, I think the addition of Arlette Westdorp has seemed to help out a ton as well.

She's only a frosh but is second in the conference in points per game and is also blowing away the conference in assists. She seems to have given Tina Bryson more opportunities to score and in turn, improving the team.

Would seem to me that she would be a, if not the, leading candidate for Rookie of the Year for the AE.

They have.  Even though there were no bleachers there was a pretty good crowd.  All lined up on the fence on the west side of the field.  I saw most of the second half.  Both fields look finished now.  They are really beautiful.  The seating and scoreboards are not finished abd there is some general cleanup left.

10121[/snapback]

Posts are up for the lacrosse scoreboard (twice as big as the FH scoreboard) and some of the chainlink around the lax field is in. They're grading the area outside the fences, putting a walking path on the hill above the fields, and putting in some footings on the south side of the fields (flagpole base?)

I just saw that BU plays their field hockey home games at MIT - why are they hosting the tournament. I thought the tournament would be at the highest seeded school with a turf field.  Since BU plays their home games at MIT, shouldn't Maine be the host team?

10145[/snapback]

Probably just 'highest seeded school with a turf field available', not necessarily an on-campus field. MIT is their home field, even though it's across the river, and if the dates are open, it's no worse than if we hosted basketball at Pepsi Arena or baseball at Joe Bruno Stadium.