UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I know some of this has been discussed before the lacrosse schedule is out. I'm not sure how far Baltimore is from Johns Hopkins but the weekend of Feb 25 looks like a good lacrosse-basketball weekend. Lax at hopkins on Saturday, then crab cakes and a basketball game with UMBC on Sunday.

AMERICA EAST CONFERENCE CHAMPION UALBANY ANNOUNCES 2006 MEN'S LACROSSE SCHEDULE

Albany, N.Y. - University at Albany Vice President and Director of Athletics Lee McElroy announced today the school’s men’s lacrosse schedule for 2006. The Great Danes, who captured their third consecutive America East Conference championship last season, will play five games against conference opponents. The non-league schedule features defending national champion Johns Hopkins and 2004 NCAA champion Syracuse.

UAlbany begins its seventh NCAA Division I campaign on Saturday, Feb. 25 against Johns Hopkins, who won its eighth national title by edging Duke in last May’s NCAA championship. The Great Danes will meet four other programs that were ranked at the end of the 2005 season in the USILA’s national top-20 poll. UAlbany faces NCAA participants Massachusetts (No. 7), Syracuse (No. 9) and Delaware (No. 16). Yale and crosstown-rival Siena also return to the non-league portion of the schedule. America East Conference competition starts with Hartford on Saturday, March 25 at 1:00 p.m.

Johns Hopkins, who finished last year with a perfect 15-0 record, will host the Great Danes for the fifth straight season on Saturday, Feb. 25 at 1:00 p.m. Syracuse and UAlbany will battle in the Carrier Dome during the regular season for the third consecutive year. The contest will be televised on Time Warner Sports 26-Syracuse on Friday, April 21 at 7:00 p.m. Syracuse won a 14-13 thriller in last year’s match-up.

The Great Danes earned their third consecutive trip to the NCAA Tournament in 2005. Head coach Scott Marr has led the program to a 10-6 record in three straight campaigns. UAlbany returns three of the top four scorers from a squad that ranked sixth nationally at 11.63 goals per game. Merrick Thomson, a first-team All-America East Conference attackman, led the nation in goals (54) and was second in points (74). Frank Resetarits, who had 29 goals and 21 assists, and Chris Martocchia, who added 35 goals and 11 assists, also tallied 45-plus points.

2006 University at Albany Men’s Lacrosse Schedule

Feb. 25 (Sat.), at Johns Hopkins, 1:00

March 4 (Sat.), Siena, 1:00

11 (Sat.), at Delaware, 1:00

14 (Tue.), at Massachusetts, 3:00

18 (Sat.), Drexel, 1:00

25 (Sat.), at Hartford*, 1:00

28 (Tue.), at Dartmouth, 3:00

April 1 (Sat.), at UMBC*, 1:00

8 (Sat.), Stony Brook*, 7:00

13 (Thu.), Yale, 7:00

15 (Sat.), Vermont*, 1:00

21 (Fri.), at Syracuse, 7:00

29 (Sat.), Binghamton*, 7:00

May 5 (Fri.), at America East Tournament Semifinals+

7 (Sun.), at America East Tournament Championship+

*America East Conference Opponent

+At No. 1 Seed’s Home Facility

All Times Eastern

-30-

Edited by Dane Pound

I know some of this has been discussed before the lacrosse schedule is out. I'm not sure how far Baltimore is from Johns Hopkins but the weekend of Feb 25 looks like a good lacrosse-basketball weekend. Lax at hopkins on Saturday, then crab cakes and a basketball game with UMBC on Sunday.

JHU is inside the beltway in north B-more, UMBC on the southwest - about 10 miles. Like going from UAlbany to RPI.

Edited by UAalum72

JHU is inside the beltway in north B-more, UMBC on the southwest - about 10 miles. Like going from UAlbany to RPI.

10742[/snapback]

Yes according to AAA website it is 13 miles from Johns Hopkins to UMBC. Also Camden Yards and thus the inner harbor are approximately 6-8 miles from each school. I have never been to Johns Hopkins although I saw them play at Towson last year. UMBC was easy to get to . Sounds like a good trip. I may end up seeing you down there.

BTW, the only thing I don't like about the schedule as stated previously is that we are opening the new lacrosse filed while many of us will be in Binghamton. It doesn't even matter if our game is at night in Binghamton. I go for the whole tournament.

I wonder if the new field will help get bigger schools to come to Albany. Syracuse was the one I had in mind. I think we've got them to Albany in just about every other sport we play them except lacrosse. It really would make for a fun environment if they were ever to pull it off.