UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Post-Game SB Story

I see that you, like I, were unable to find a story from the Seawolves' point of view.

Hurray, that is now not only 2 victories in a row, but also two close games in a row. (Better be careful what you wish for.)

I like Brown's quote: "But the good thing about that it [sic] is, we have plenty of room to continue to improve."

Some notable stats about the game.

- Jamar does not score a field goal, Lucious does not score a field goa. We win.

- We can only 23 of 38 free throws, and Zoellner makes only 2 of 9. What has happened to the team's free throw percentage this season? Without Zoellner's contribution, we rise to 21 out of 29.

- Brown pulls Zoellner from the game because he cannot shoot FT's.

- We have 38 free throw opportunities, compared to only 10 for Stony Brook.

- Lillis is beginning to get points, in addition to running the floor show and snag rebounds. Good to have him back!

- Siggers made major contributions in the first half, but Brown pulled him in the second half when Siggers was not so effective.

- Albany shoots less than 30% in the second half and still snares the victory.

- As someone else (in this case, Levine) indicated, a different person stepped up and enabled us to win. This team does not have a single or double go-to-guy this season, but we can still win.

Great win, guys. Now have a great holiday!

Looking at the stats:

1. Jamar had no field goals but he went to the line a lot. I think Jamar is at his best when he is penetrating - he will usually get fouled or get a lay up. Based on the number of free throws that he had, he must have been fouled a few times. IMO, moving Jamar to the 2 will allow him to do a lot more of that. The perimeter shots will come, but I think it's good that he seems to be penetrating and getting fouled.

2. I'm happy for Siggers - I think this is the most he's played all year. He did take a lot of shots - 8 in just 19 minutes. He made 3 in a row and then missed his next 5.

3. Free throw shooting obviously needs to improve. Not sure what Zoellner shot last year, but I think it was over 50% - if he can get back there then it would make a pretty big difference. As it is now, I think every team will try the Binghamton foul strategy.

4. Kudos to Levi for coming off the bench and having a big game.

5. Last point - it's good to see that Brent had a pretty good game with just two shots attempted. Got to the line and also got some rebounds.

Olddog71, I think the difference in ft% is primarily Zoellner. I haven't looked at the stats in detail, but last year, Jamar had a lot of ft's and while Zoellner didn't shoot that well from the line, he didn't have that many attempts. This year, with his increased aggression, he's getting a lot more attempts. The good news is that I think Jamar and Brent will get to the line a lot more as the season goes on.

From Reeder

Olddog71, I think the difference in ft% is primarily Zoellner. I haven't looked at the stats in detail, but last year, Jamar had a lot of ft's and while Zoellner didn't shoot that well from the line, he didn't have that many attempts. This year, with his increased aggression, he's getting a lot more attempts.

In the last two games the Danes have shot 47 of 72 for 65 % if you take away Kirsten's 5 of 17 you have 42 of 55 for 76%

Last season Kirsten made 40 of 73 for 55%

This season 1/3 of the way he has already attempted 35 (including 17 in the last two games) but has only made 11 for 31%.

He seems to be getting the ball in much better positions lately now he must make our opponents pay for the fouls.

Interesting stats over the last two games.....

against Bing we had 5 in double figures in a 70 point game and drew 29 fouls.

against "The Brook" in a 63 point game we had only two in double figures but 5 others between 7 & 9pts. and we drew 30 fouls.

It seems we are starting not too just settle for threes.

Here is another overlooked fact in this game. The attendance at SBU was not so great.

This is a game that is played in the backyard of many of our UAlbany alumni (last statistic I saw is that outside of the Capital District, Albany-NYC is the largest segment of the Alumni Association). We (alums from LI/NYC) should be making a better effort to get out and support our team on the road.

I know that we were up against a holiday weekend but I still think we can do better as Alumni to support this team.

Just 2 cents from the (former) guy in Section 650....

PS. I sat in front of the Iati family... great folks... They made it all the way from PA, I think that a few alums can make it from Nassau and Suffolk Counties!